Trying to update the commodity code in Kinetic for AP invoice

I am sending through the commodity code and description at Create invoice (Non PO), it’s outputting them back to me but not holding in Kinetic, any ideas? I’m using the standard integration datalink.

Thanks,

Annette

Annette,

If the common integration data link doesn’t have that code in it to pass to the kinetic business object for the invoice then you won’t get what you want. You may have to create another data link to do it. If you’re open to having a consultant look at it @BScanlan and @vleveris work at teccweb and are very proficient in requests like this. Sometimes the datalink already has the field, but the workflow just hasn’t assigned your content field value to it. You’d have to check. In other words, no additional datalink is necessary.

I’m pretty proficient in the datalinks myself and it was working previously. It is in the datalink and I am passing it and it is outputting it back to me too but just not sticking in Kinetic. It all looks good on the recording but not in Kinetic!

Thanks anyway

By all means Anette rock on!

@gpayne has overcame what you are doing using a BPM approach. he’d be better to explain it, but I’m pretty sure between your datalink proficiency and some experience he can pass along you’ll quickly solve this.

Any chance that a new BPM was created related to AP Invoice Entry since the last time it was working for you? Seems like if it was working before that it shouldn’t just break without interference. You could also try the “Get Updates” button on the Admin > Integration panel to see if that updates things. This can sometimes resolve issues as it seemingly resyncs things between systems.

Also, have you tried entering in the commodity code in Kinetic manually to see if it is allowed? Could be that there is something new preventing ECM from doing so.

@vleveris only a change log but that shouldn’t affect it! I can enter it manually in Kinetic but it does need the manual flag but I am enabling intrastat in the datalink. I could understand if it wasn’t reading it back as an output but little confused at this one!

You’re right in that the change log shouldn’t impact things as that’s just tracking changes. Not really sure what else could be the issue without hands on to test things, but it sounds like you have already exhausted quite a few options. I know in some cases I have had to double up on the Pre-Create and/or Create action to make changes in one pass and other changes in the next. Perhaps this is now what may be required.

1 Like