Unable To Open A Deployed Dashboard - Epicor 10.2.100.7

Order Sequence 12

? i’m not sure what the view is but what does the actual menu maintenance screen look like for that item

if you launch the deployment test from the dashboard screen any errors there? Is there any tracker customization in the dashboard? Have you cleared personalizations for yourself?

No errors from the deployment test. The dashboard works fine. It also works fine if I deploy the Web access.

That dashboard does not have a customization attached to it. Just a basic baq.

The parent menu with ID AC has nothing special about it?

Security of the menu item and its parents all checkout?

Nothing special about the parent menu id. The security is set to the default one “SEC000”.

The dashboard’s menu was working before. It started erroring all of the sudden.

Normally when I get this error that means the menu is unable to locate the dashboard’s dll and it just needs to be deployed or the client cache needs to be cleaned up. This time it did not work.

I’ve had issues redeploying dashboards, only to find out the re-deployed one ended up with a suffix like “_1” at the end.

see:

Thanks. Let me try that.

A post further down that thread is …

I recall that post but I assume that things got changed since then.

Apparently, in Epicor10.2 the dlls are not renamed anymore with a _1 _2 …, they are directly replaced.

I also tried to manually clear cache and redeploy the dashboard but without any success …

1 Like

We’ve run into similar issues in the past and the only solution was to make a copy of the dashboard with a new name (ie, UnpostedDemandsV2). It can be a bit painful when you have a customization tied to the old dashboard but thankfully you don’t :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Changing the dashboard name bothers me but at least making a copy is a working solution. However, this issue will comeback as soon as you modify the dashboard again.

does deleting the original then copying the copy back to the original name work?

Nope … I tried. The system remembers that the original dll is corrupted/gone

have you tried deleting the menu maintenance item and adding it back in?

Yes I did but did not help.

Strange that it happens again on the new dashboard. There must be a bug or caching issue going on. Does the corruption happen for everyone or just you? I would try closing all forms, deleting your cache, and ensure you don’t have remaining
files in C:\ProgramData\Epicor[SERVERNAME]-808\3.2.[VERSION].0[COMPANY]\CustomDLLs.

1 Like

That bug happens in 10.1 but I was always able to fix it. That becomes annoying in Epicor 10.2

Issue Solved Not sure how a copy of the dll landed in C:\Epicor\ERP10\LocalClients. The Dashboard came back to life as soon as I deleted it.