Upgrade from E9.05.702A to 10.1.400.0

Our current setup is as follows:

E9.05.702A

• Windows Server 208 R2 Enterprise
  • 32 Core Xeon E5-2680
  • 32GB Ram
  • OpenEdge Progress Database is on its own drive - Database itself is rougly 15 gigs

E10.1.400.0

• Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
  • 16 Core Xeon
  • 32GB Ram
  • MS SQL Server 2014 - also on its own drive

I am fairly new to Epicor, as I have not used it before joining my current company. We are in the process of planning our E10 migration, and I have been looking at the process of migrating from the E9 Progress DB to MS SQL. I came across the “Migrate Epicor Database” option in the E10 Administration Console, and thought I’d give it a shot.

I opened up the wizard for migrating the database, and pointed it towards my test db on the E9 server, set up the SQL options properly, increased the thread-count to match my CPU core count, and sent it on its way. It has now been running for 6 hours, and I am unsure of what is going on (if anything). It is still on the 1st step (Task ID 10 - OpenEdgeMigration). The log window has 3020 lines in it, which contain "Starting this… " and “Completed that…”, as shown below:

• ProgressToSQL - Completed AC_Segment
  • ProgressToSQL - Starting AC_SegmentType…
  • ProgressToSQL - Completed ForecstDtl
  • ProgressToSQL - Starting FSAssetClass…
  • ProgressToSQL - Completed _SEQT_ABTAmountSeq
  • ProgressToSQL - Starting _SEQT_ABTDocLineSeq…

It has “Started” 1503 individual ‘things’ (tables in the db, I presume), and only finished 1499 of them. The 4 that are still working or have stalled are: (they have a “Started…” entry, but no “Compled …” entry in the log window)

• Memo
  • TranGLC
  • GLJrnDtl
  • APInvExp

The files in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Epicor Software\Database Manager Extensions\3.1.400\DB Migration\Progress Output” on the E10 server have not changed in size in the past 3 hours. There are 24 files in that folder that total 18.4 GB.

I have looked into as many log files as I can find, and nothing seems to be updating anywhere with information regarding the progress of the migration.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to look, or perhaps tell me where I probably made a mistake and should start the process over?

Jason some of those tables can be rather large, have you considered using the new cloud migration tool? it is eons better than their standard toolset and it is specifically written to handle abnormally large tables which the standard tool can’t do very well. I had an upgrade that took over 72hours and it actually never finished and using the cloud transfer tool took it down to a handful hours.
When the files aren’t growing and the progress has stopped for a long time it generally means it died silently. Can you get the size of those tables?

@josecgomez I can’t say I knew of any Cloud Migration Tool. Would that be applicable even though I both my E9 and E10 are on-premises?

Also, do you have a link or something with additional information on this tool?

Yes it is applicable for on premises that’s how I use it. Unfortunately I don’t have any docs on it. Do you have a partner you are working with? or your cam? They should be able to help
@Edge are there are docs on this?