Use Visual Studio or VS Code as an editor instead of Epicor Functions Maintenance

Function code blocks (all server side code) has code completion there. You just have to hit CTRL+Space to initiate it. As far as debugging, if you have server access, you car run DNSpy to debug the appserver. At least that’s what we do. I like using VS for client side stuff because of the code completion, but for server side I haven’t really felt like it was lacking that much, other than maybe some help with AI tools.

What’s really lacking is showing available methods in included libraries … and method signatures! We at least need easy access to documentation for all the Ice libraries… otherwise, it’s a shot in the dark (so I come here)

No overload for method 'x-method' takes 1 arguments

Generally, I look at a trace, which I use anyways just to replicate what Epicor is doing, or open up the BL tester and that has the information you need.

Not saying it wouldn’t be easier with VS, but the setup would be a pain.