Vantage 8 Print to file?

Got this resolved with the Vantage help line. Print Preview creates a TXT file on the server, which we can import.

Thanks

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Morgan" <paul.morgan@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gspohrer@" <gspohrer@> wrote:
> >
> > We are currently live on Vantage 6.1, and testing Vantage 8.0 on our way to 8.0.3. Progress Database.
> >
> > We have been using a print to file (generic text) print driver for years to print 6.1 reports to a file that can be quickly pulled into Excel.
> >
> > This works great in 6.1 but it makes the Crystal Reports runtime crash in 8.0. The Vantage helpline suggested upgrading the Crystal Reports runtime, but I still get the same result.
> >
> > What is the secret to getting Vantage 8 reports into Excel?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
>
> Have you tried to export it straight to excel? from print preview select export report and save it as an excel file.
>
We are currently live on Vantage 6.1, and testing Vantage 8.0 on our way to 8.0.3. Progress Database.

We have been using a print to file (generic text) print driver for years to print 6.1 reports to a file that can be quickly pulled into Excel.

This works great in 6.1 but it makes the Crystal Reports runtime crash in 8.0. The Vantage helpline suggested upgrading the Crystal Reports runtime, but I still get the same result.

What is the secret to getting Vantage 8 reports into Excel?

Thanks in advance
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "gspohrer@..." <gspohrer@...> wrote:
>
> We are currently live on Vantage 6.1, and testing Vantage 8.0 on our way to 8.0.3. Progress Database.
>
> We have been using a print to file (generic text) print driver for years to print 6.1 reports to a file that can be quickly pulled into Excel.
>
> This works great in 6.1 but it makes the Crystal Reports runtime crash in 8.0. The Vantage helpline suggested upgrading the Crystal Reports runtime, but I still get the same result.
>
> What is the secret to getting Vantage 8 reports into Excel?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

Have you tried to export it straight to excel? from print preview select export report and save it as an excel file.