Vantage Project Entry Ver8.03.405

I have been testing the export MS project in the Project ENtry module. My version is 406A. Before creating the csv file it asks what kind of information you would like to see in the Project document.Some of the options are: JOb, Job Assemblies and Job operations. However, these dates do not seem to match the actual start/end date for the jobs. Does anybody experience something like this?

Please advise,

Lissette Contreras
KEC
Corona,CA

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Brychan Williams <brychanwilliams@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We use projects but not in manner they were designed.
>
> In terms of the import and export into MS Project ...
>
> 1) Exporting
> It creates a txt or CSV file. This can then be imported into MS project but you need to set up a mapping in MS project. It does work. Creates phases, jobs etc.
>
> 1) Importing
> Have never done this in anger but presumably you would need to initially create the project in vantage. I think the main reason for importing is to be able to change dates etc in MS Project and then update the project in vantage.
>
> Other Epicor products have direct integration into project server.
>
>
> Please email me if you have any queries.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: ofcwiz <DavidH@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, 2 September, 2009 15:32:52
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Vantage Project Entry Ver8.03.405
>
> ÂÂ
> We have taken a look at it and have done some testing. It has some very good capabilities and some drawbacks.
> It can quickly get to a Customer or Sales Order Income/Expense view. Although this must be manually activated. You must load the current Project information each time you want to take a look at it.
> The information comes at a price.
> Each line of a Sales Order, Job or Quote must be individually added to a Project which can be labor intensive. We have found through testing that if you add all lines of a Quote to a Project, when you convert the Quote to a SO, all the SO lines will be added to the Project automatically. The same happens when you use the software to automatically create Jobs for the SO. If you add any lines to a SO or Job after this process, you must add those lines manually. I have found no way around this.
> We have not used the import/export to Microsoft Project capability nor have we used the Phase capability.
> I looked and asked for any literature explaining more about how it works and was unable to find anything. The only info I have comes from the "Epicor Manufacturing and Distribution User Guide". There is nothing about it in the "Epicor Tools User Guide".
>
> Dave
> Xybix
> 8.03.407C P
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Larry Barriere <larrybarriere@ ...> wrote:
> >
> > We’re in the process of implementing Vantage project and a few question has arise. We were wondering if any companies are using the project module and if they would be willing to share their expertise and knowledge of it.
> >
> >
> > Larry Barriere
> > larry.barriere@ ...
> >
> > W 603-626-3160
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
We’re in the process of implementing Vantage project and a few question has arise. We were wondering if any companies are using the project module and if they would be willing to share their expertise and knowledge of it.

Larry Barriere
larry.barriere@...

W 603-626-3160

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We have taken a look at it and have done some testing. It has some very good capabilities and some drawbacks.
It can quickly get to a Customer or Sales Order Income/Expense view. Although this must be manually activated. You must load the current Project information each time you want to take a look at it.
The information comes at a price.
Each line of a Sales Order, Job or Quote must be individually added to a Project which can be labor intensive. We have found through testing that if you add all lines of a Quote to a Project, when you convert the Quote to a SO, all the SO lines will be added to the Project automatically. The same happens when you use the software to automatically create Jobs for the SO. If you add any lines to a SO or Job after this process, you must add those lines manually. I have found no way around this.
We have not used the import/export to Microsoft Project capability nor have we used the Phase capability.
I looked and asked for any literature explaining more about how it works and was unable to find anything. The only info I have comes from the "Epicor Manufacturing and Distribution User Guide". There is nothing about it in the "Epicor Tools User Guide".

Dave
Xybix
8.03.407C P

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Larry Barriere <larrybarriere@...> wrote:
>
> We’re in the process of implementing Vantage project and a few question has arise. We were wondering if any companies are using the project module and if they would be willing to share their expertise and knowledge of it.
>
>
> Larry Barriere
> larry.barriere@...
>
> W 603-626-3160
>
>
>
>
>
Hi,

We use projects but not in manner they were designed.

In terms of the import and export into MS Project ...

1) Exporting
It creates a txt or CSV file. This can then be imported into MS project but you need to set up a mapping in MS project. It does work. Creates phases, jobs etc.

1) Importing
Have never done this in anger but presumably you would need to initially create the project in vantage. I think the main reason for importing is to be able to change dates etc in MS Project and then update the project in vantage.

Other Epicor products have direct integration into project server.

Please email me if you have any queries.

Sent: Wednesday, 2 September, 2009 15:32:52
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Vantage Project Entry Ver8.03.405

Â
We have taken a look at it and have done some testing. It has some very good capabilities and some drawbacks.
It can quickly get to a Customer or Sales Order Income/Expense view. Although this must be manually activated. You must load the current Project information each time you want to take a look at it.
The information comes at a price.
Each line of a Sales Order, Job or Quote must be individually added to a Project which can be labor intensive. We have found through testing that if you add all lines of a Quote to a Project, when you convert the Quote to a SO, all the SO lines will be added to the Project automatically. The same happens when you use the software to automatically create Jobs for the SO. If you add any lines to a SO or Job after this process, you must add those lines manually. I have found no way around this.
We have not used the import/export to Microsoft Project capability nor have we used the Phase capability.
I looked and asked for any literature explaining more about how it works and was unable to find anything. The only info I have comes from the "Epicor Manufacturing and Distribution User Guide". There is nothing about it in the "Epicor Tools User Guide".

Dave
Xybix
8.03.407C P

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Larry Barriere <larrybarriere@ ...> wrote:
>
> We’re in the process of implementing Vantage project and a few question has arise. We were wondering if any companies are using the project module and if they would be willing to share their expertise and knowledge of it.
>
>
> Larry Barriere
> larry.barriere@ ...
>
> W 603-626-3160
>
>
>
>
>