Weird issue with the REST API, setting variables but not showing in epicor?

Kind of a weird issue. Unsure if these fields are ones we had added or these are apart of epicor but in the Erp.BO.PartSvc call, there are fields:

Number01
Number02
Number03
Number04
Number05

and so on.

I can POST/PATCH values to these fields, they show up when I do a GET call on the same endpoint. My issue is, they don’t show in Epicor itself. It’s weird. I can change the values in Epicor, run the GET call on the part and it shows the updated values. But then I send a PATCH call and update the part, and the numbers don’t show up in Epicor.

Those are leftovers from E9 and under days. They added a bunch of “stock” UD fields for use. Number01, Character01, ShortChar01, etc.
Come E10, they allowed you to add your own and give them names that are recognizable.

Where are you not seeing them in Epicor? Where are you trying to find them? If you do a BAQ for the Part table, you should see them there, otherwise you will need to customize the screen to get those to show as they are not shown by default.

I’m pulling it up in Part Maintenance in Epicor.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 144115

I’m sending the following values:
Number01":499,“Number02”:499,“Number03”:587.81,“Number04”:0,“Number05”:0,

When I send a GET call on that same part, it shows the values I sent.

I refresh the Part Maintenance window and it’s still set to the old values, except Number02. I forgot about that.

This is gonna be up there with the “Is it plugged in?” kind of question, but you’re REST call URL is pointing to the same environment that you’re looking at in the client, right?
Just trying to rule some things out.

Yes, I’m in Pilot for both. No worries I get it.

Honestly think it’s a bug.

When I’m in the client, I can change the values, save it. Then from the API do a GET call and the values show up. All of them.

Then I do a PATCH call to update to the part. It changes the Number02 value in the client and that’s it. But again, do a GET call and it shows the updated values I sent in the PATCH call.

It’s like their is a disconnect with the client. The API side seems to be working as it should.

What version are you on?

I forgot we’re on 11 now. Not 10. Brain fog I guess. So used to saying E10.

Are you using REST v1 or v2? I’ll give it a try and see if I can replicate the behavior. If I can, you’re probably right in that it’s a bug.

1 Like

v2

I went ahead and created a ticket. I’ve thrown a couple hours at this and nothing seems to change. It’s gotta be a bug at this point.

1 Like

Please update this post when you receive word back. I ran into something similar a couple weeks back on 10.2.500. Chalked it up to posting to business objects in the improper order (messing with stuff i shouldnt be :smiley:) and figured i was doing something wrong. May be related. I also may just be a dum dum.

1 Like

Have you tried the Custom Methods vs OData? (Everything is POST in custom methods). Since OData is yet another layer, there are sometimes bugs there that don’t appear in the Custom, i.e. regular BO methods.

Worked for me. The caveat being I only have Number01 available on the Part table as we did not use Number02 and up in E9, so they didn’t come over to 10.
I’d be curious to hear the results of your ticket as well.

I used this service on V2 and version 2021.1.9:

1 Like

What does your call look like (your request)? and what method / endpont are you calling?

Clarification in V2 (K21) The “Get” methods in Custom Methods are actually Get (GetByID, GetRows etc) they “fixed” that. Everything else is still post though

Oooh, good to know.

1 Like

They are looking into it right now. As of the moment they think it’s related to the form customization but I went through that and didn’t find any code or anything to explain why it does what it does.

I tried a few other parts and found that I get the same result. Numbers are different. But same result. I’ve changed the numbers going in and there doesn’t appear to be any specific calculation going on. Looks more like it reverts to previously stored numbers for the part in the Number01,Number03 fields.

We’ll see. I’ll report back when I know.

I’d use a custom function but this should work out of the box. Not asking much to be able to update the part from the REST API.

1 Like

Believe it or not it was an old BPM that I had no clue about causing the issue the entire time. I went through the BPMs but apparently not deep enough and as soon as it was found the issue went away.

Unsure what the desired result was of the old BPM. We’ve disabled it and all is well again.

So there is no bug with this API call.

3 Likes