2023.2.3 Quote Entry Issue - Seeing 'Explorer' and 'Worksheet' tabs in App Studio which are not visible in published version of layer

Hi,

We were upgraded to 2023.2.3.

When I now open Quote Entry in App Studio, I see two new tabs: ‘Worksheet’ and ‘Explorer’.

However, in the published version of this layer, these tabs are missing. They’re also not visible if I preview the layer from App Studio.

Has anyone else found that their layers have discrepancies like this? I’ve republished the layer, but still having the same issue.

1 Like

perhaps those are for a module you don’t have licensed ?

1 Like

Prior to 2023.2, the ‘Worksheet’ was a panel rather than a tab, which we could access.

The Explorer tab seems to be a new feature that is available to Quote users.

1 Like

@timshuwy showed us this in another post. Not sure what’s going on with your situation, is there activity to show at this point or is it a new quote? But you’re saying you don’t see it in app studio and that’s your concern right? EDIT: I see, you’re saying you see that page in app studio, but not on your quote screen… I see.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right. The tabs have been added to our existing layers but are only visible inside App Studio.

@ZanebK, I have this same issue… but in Sales Order Entry.

Explorer tab page is visible in App Studio, but will not display when running the app. I attempted to resave/republish my customized layers, but have not been able to get it to show.

Base Kinetic form works fine. So, definitely something with the customized layers. Oddly, I also have customized layers on Quote Entry, but it works there fine.

I don’t have a solution, but wanted you to know you’re not the only one seeing this bahvior.

2 Likes

we really want to know about this type of variance that you find when you upgrade your customizations. It probably is some minor issue with the way that the layers handle the new tabs.
Can you submit a support call that includes your customizations? Our dev team will need to examine what is going on here.

1 Like

Thanks, @timshuwy.

I have entered a case.

Just some troubleshooting (in my instance), I have (2) customized layers on Order Entry.

Both layers show the Explorer TabPage in Application Studio.

If I preview Layer-1, the Explorer tab is visible.
If I preview Layer-2, the Explorer tab is NOT visible.

So, this narrows down my 2nd customization layer being the culprit.

Just fiddling around… I switch the Explorer from a “TabPage” to a “Page” under “Activity”… and now it IS visible and functioning correctly (under the Activity TabPage). So… the functionality is there.

Buuuuut… now I can’t get it to go back to a TabPage under the original “Main” parent, hahaha, oops.

someone-broke-that-broken-vase

1 Like

Thanks @timshuwy

I have raised a couple of cases and attached the affected layers.

CS0003912876 - Order Entry - Explorer tab issue
CS0003912799 - Quote Entry - Worksheet and Explorer issue

1 Like

Hi @dcamlin,

Have you had any luck with a fix for this? I’ve been nudging Support for the last few weeks but no luck so far.

I have not had any luck either.

My initial case (CS0003919859) was pushed to a Problem (PRB0273196)… and subsequently “closed” on 10/18/2023. I thought this meant they had a fix, so I was hoping the latest 2023.2.5 release which hit last night would work… Wait for it… no bueno.

Thumbs Down (Gladiator) | Reaction GIFs

So, now that my Case was closed… and the Problem was closed… and it still doesn’t work, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do. Enter a new case??

Hi @dcamlin,

Thankfully, this morning I had a call with Support where they demonstrated a working fix:

1. Open the ‘Base Entry’ Quote Entry layer in App Studio.

2. In the Application Map, select ‘Main’ and then click the Edit Icon

1. In ‘Main’, click the ‘Worksheet’ tab.

1. In the right-hand Properties, select ‘Data’.

2. Then select ‘Worksheet’ from the dropdown.

3. Make a note of these Property values:

4. Go to your custom layer. Repeat steps 2-4 above. When you get to Step 5, this time you’ll notice ‘Worksheet’ is missing from the dropdown.

5. Click the plus icon next to the dropdown to add a new tab item. Enter the same property values from step 6.

And voila, this fixed the issue. Support think something went wrong during the upgrade, which caused this mapping to go missing.

1 Like

ta-da-voila

Thanks very much, @ZanebK

I guess if I wanted to get the order of the tabs corrected (Activity > Explorer > Details), I would have to delete the Details tab and then add it back in after Explorer. Just like columns in a grid, I wish they had a “display order” field where you could easily change them around.

Base Form:

But, to be honest, I can live with “Explorer” being on the end.

2 Likes

Yep, sadly that looks like the only option :smiling_face_with_tear: