BAQ column data only displayed when clicked?

I am seeing some really strange behavior in a BAQ and in a Dashboard. I am working in the BAQ because there are no customizations or code in place, just a raw BAQ.

When I run the BAQ to generate results, they display but not fully. What I mean is, when I click on one of the columns, then and only then does it show the full cell data. It’s not a field size issue, I dragged the column wider but it makes no difference.

Here is exactly what it looks like

1. WITHOUT any clicking
    Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 2.02.56 PM

2. WITH clicking on the value (underlined in red is what show up when and only when I click the field)
    Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 2.03.22 PM

Any ideas what is causing this or how to fix it? It seems like a bug to me. ??

Might there be a carriage return in that string?

Whenever I have these kinds of problems I have a method that seems to work pretty good.\

1. Find someone with pretty good technical skills. It works best if they are very busy.
  2. Call them over to observe the problem.
  3. Watch the problem magically disappear.
  4. Hope they find your frustration more amusing than their wasted time.
1 Like

That seems likely, the engineer brought in this data via DMT. Any ideas on how to “see” if there is carriage return in the column value? I’ll take a look in SSMS.

1 Like

I was able to copy/paste the column value from SSMS into Notepad. Sure enough, there’s a carriage return! I didn’t realize you could use them in that way. Thanks for the tip @Mark_Wonsil!

1 Like