Barcodes only print normally on page 1 in Vantage / Terminal Ser

This issue has been resolved. In case someone else has this issue - here is what we determined:

All users/PC's that were having this problem were printing to an HP 8150N printer using HP LaserJet 8100 Series print drivers.

We installed the HP LJ 8150 PCL 6 driver and then tested it in Terminal Services 2008 (web portal) and it worked correctly.

The issue was the underlying (client) print driver.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "em.it_ks" <lpenrod@...> wrote:
>
> Problem: When printing Job Trackers (or any other print that involves a barcode), the barcode prints normally on page 1 but prints "greek" on every page after that in vantage via Terminal Services 2008.
>
> Pertinent Info:
>
> Service in question - Terminal Services 2008 / applications accessed via TS Web Portal
>
> Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard (32bit) SP1 running on VMWare ESX 3.5
>
> TS Clients - 25 max, 15 on avg. at any given point in time
>
> TS Client PC - XP Pro SP3
>
> Vantage - 8.03.407
>
> I've searched the web and epicor's knowledgebase and found nothing specific to that problem. I've called epicor support, they had me update the DWBAR39.TTF font on the Terminal Server. This initially appear to resolve the problem (barcodes were printing on all pages for all users) but this quickly faded away.
>
> This issue is something of a moving target, once it happens to a user it can be consistently repeated. Resetting the users TS session sometimes resolves it and sometimes doesn't. One day it may be user A, one day it may be user B.
>
> Given the randomness I thought it might be resource related so I expanded the memory pool on the server but that doesn't seem to have helped either.
>
> This issue only presents with users accessing vantage via TS. Users who access vantage over the LAN work normally. Any thoughts, suggestions or input would be most appreciated - thank you!
>
Problem: When printing Job Trackers (or any other print that involves a barcode), the barcode prints normally on page 1 but prints "greek" on every page after that in vantage via Terminal Services 2008.

Pertinent Info:

Service in question - Terminal Services 2008 / applications accessed via TS Web Portal

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard (32bit) SP1 running on VMWare ESX 3.5

TS Clients - 25 max, 15 on avg. at any given point in time

TS Client PC - XP Pro SP3

Vantage - 8.03.407

I've searched the web and epicor's knowledgebase and found nothing specific to that problem. I've called epicor support, they had me update the DWBAR39.TTF font on the Terminal Server. This initially appear to resolve the problem (barcodes were printing on all pages for all users) but this quickly faded away.

This issue is something of a moving target, once it happens to a user it can be consistently repeated. Resetting the users TS session sometimes resolves it and sometimes doesn't. One day it may be user A, one day it may be user B.

Given the randomness I thought it might be resource related so I expanded the memory pool on the server but that doesn't seem to have helped either.

This issue only presents with users accessing vantage via TS. Users who access vantage over the LAN work normally. Any thoughts, suggestions or input would be most appreciated - thank you!