Bin stock preventing auto complete and closing

You are right, we are backflushing.

I had the same idea about making the bins non-nettable. We are going to test that and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Sent: Thu, November 5, 2009 1:57:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Bin stock preventing auto complete and closing

Â
Sounds right (we're on 405a). I presume you are backflushing (& by making parts nonqty brg you may be unwittingly telling the system not to backflush these parts on 408a).

How does 408a handle it if you made them qty brg but made the backflush whse/bins non-nettable? (405a doesn't like it last I checked - but perhaps addressed on you later version).

Rob

____________ _________ _________ __
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Sent: Thu, November 5, 2009 10:38:32 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Bin stock preventing auto complete and closing

Â
Vantage 8.03.408a Progress

We think that our non-quantity bearing bin stock is keeping our jobs from being able to auto complete and close. When you look at the BOM that may call out 4 screws from bin stock, it shows as no quantity available. But since it is a non-quantity bearing part, it shouldn't matter because it always shows a quantity of zero in stock.

Since we don't count these items, we could remove these parts from the BOM but that would affect costing and we would loose traceability of where the parts are used.

How does everyone else deal with their bin stock?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

We think that our non-quantity bearing bin stock is keeping our jobs from being able to auto complete and close. When you look at the BOM that may call out 4 screws from bin stock, it shows as no quantity available. But since it is a non-quantity bearing part, it shouldn't matter because it always shows a quantity of zero in stock.

Since we don't count these items, we could remove these parts from the BOM but that would affect costing and we would loose traceability of where the parts are used.

Sounds right (we're on 405a). I presume you are backflushing (& by making parts nonqty brg you may be unwittingly telling the system not to backflush these parts on 408a).

How does 408a handle it if you made them qty brg but made the backflush whse/bins non-nettable? (405a doesn't like it last I checked - but perhaps addressed on you later version).

Rob

Sent: Thu, November 5, 2009 10:38:32 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Bin stock preventing auto complete and closing

Â