BPM Data Form in 10.2.400.13

I’m probably going to start a support ticket with Epicor too, but this seems like such an obvious issue that I feel like I must just be missing some obvious configuration change needed going from 10.1.500 to 10.2.400. This used to work!

I’ve created a very simple BPM Data form from scratch, and calling that from a simple BPM method directive that simply shows the BPM Data From with a Call BPM Data Form widget and then proceeds conditionally based on whether OK or Cancel was clicked. We also already have in place several BPM Data Form calling directives that worked fine in Epicor 10.1.500.14 but now throw the same exception. The exception is:

Application Error
Exception caught in: Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib

Error Detail 
============
Message: The process caller failed to invoke method LaunchForm in Ice.Lib.App.Launch in Ice.UI.InfoPromptForm.dll
Inner Exception Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Program: Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib.dll
Method: InvokeReflectedMethod

Client Stack Trace 
==================
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.PCallReflector.InvokeReflectedMethod(MethodInfo Method, Object Object, Object[] MethodParams, String className, String assemblyName)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.PCallReflector.LaunchDotNet(String assemblyName, String className, Hashtable ctorList, String methodName, Hashtable methodList)

Inner Exception 
===============
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.PCallReflector.InvokeReflectedMethod(MethodInfo Method, Object Object, Object[] MethodParams, String className, String assemblyName)

Inner Exception 
===============
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Ice.Lib.App.Launch.AddMenuArguments(LaunchFormOptions lfo, Object launchObject)
   at Ice.Lib.App.Launch.LaunchForm(Object launchObject)

I meant to add and forgot - the main reason I’m posting this here and not simply starting a support ticket is because I wondered if there wasn’t some other way to accomplish this same task - popping up a dialog box with a question and then getting a yes or no response, then having your BPM flow conditional on that response.

EDIT:
Okay, the plot thickens. Turns out I can get a BPM Data Form to work as long as it is attached to a method directive hit while in regular Epicor. It seems the exception is only thrown while in MES. Would this still be a bug though? That is where our BPM Data Forms mostly pop up in our current production 10.1.500 instance, did Epicor remove the availability to use BPM Data Forms from MES?

After figuring out it was an issue with MES and BPM Data Form, I was able to find a Problem in EpicCare support portal for this. I’ll be creating a case to report it is broken in 10.2.400.13 as well.

Problem: PRB0216510

The correction / retrofit to this issue is currently scheduled for the 10.2.400.17 Update.

2 Likes

Thanks Rich… I was just going to say I heard back from Epicor support:

This issue you have reported is scheduled to be fixed in the 10.2.400.17 update. I’ve already requested to see if there was any chance of getting this pushed forward and it is stuck at the 10.2.400.17 release.

10.2.400.14 came out around 10.25. The releases are put out every 2 weeks which would put the 10.2.400.17 release around the first two weeks of December. If this is essential to your Go Live then I would wait until this time to receive this fix.

Just came into this problem testing upgrade to 10.2.400.11 and did track it down to when it’s called by MES. Good to hear that it will be fixed soon.