BPM - Trying to map customer comments to Sales order comments field. But it is not working

Change “All Rows” to “Changed Rows”.

1 Like

Updated to “Changed Rows” but still the customer comments is not visible in the Sales order comments field

Then there is something likely wrong with the query.

As a test, try just having the BPM write “Test” or something and see if it works. Then you’d know if your query was off.

Its a very simple query I am using to get the customer comments from customer table.

If that is really your query, that will not work, as you do not have a join to the current ttOrderhed table in your query. Or if you do not want to use the ttOrderhed table for your join, then you would at least need a WHERE clause against the CustNum argument. Can you post an image of your Query table design?

The ChangeCustomer should have a variable you are using to filter the Customer table so you get the single customer’s comment. If the variable does not exist, join to your ttOrderHed table and include the company and custnum in your join.

Sure Rick

I do not know how to design

This is returning EVERY customer. Likely the first one in the list has an empty comment.
You MUST filter the query for the customer you need.

For the Update Table By Query widget to work you need to have fields that define the relationship between your query results and the ttOrderhed (temporary table) so it knows what to update.
One way to do this would be to add the ‘ttOrderhed’ table to your query and define the relationship between the two tables as:
ttOrderHed.Company = Customer.Company
AND ttOrderhed.CustNum = Customer.CustNum
Now add those two fields to your results under ‘Display’ and also add the OrderHed.OrderNum

Now in your Update by query widget you should see that a relationship is automatically made.
If not, you can define it.

It looks like there is a misunderstanding on how this widget works. You may want to go back to the manual here.
Below is some info on how to do this:

Summary

JOIN:

FILTER:

SELECTED FIELD:

MAPPING:

1 Like

Thank you so much for helping me Jason. I followed the same steps as the screenshot attached. But when I click validation its giving the results as attached below

This can be ignored.

Thanks Jason its working fine. Can you please explain me? I have to learn. I am not understanding this criteria.

If you have time, please help me.

Which screen are you asking about?

Sorry for the late reply I was asking about this Table Criteria

The BPM will sometimes have two rows in the dataset. One is the old row, and one is the new or updated row. The system uses these two rows to compare what changed. The old row doesn’t have a row mod, so that filter is simply removing that row.

Thanks for the clarification Brandon. Thanks Jason for the support. Awesome Team!!!