Client files in ProgramData\Epicor\

Do the temporary files stored on the client in C:\ProgramData\Epicor\<app server>-808\... have any awareness for the environment they are for?

We have 3 Apps on the app server. The Production, and 2 test environments.

The Client was installed 3 times, to 3 separate locations.

• C:\Epicor\ERP10.2Client_PRD
  • C:\Epicor\ERP10.2Client_TST
  • C:\Epicor\ERP10.2Client_UAT

The idea was that so that differences in the environments wouldn’t interfere with each other.

But a check with WinDiff shows the client folders (C:\Epicor\ERP10.2Client_PRD and ..._UAT) are virtually identical. (Granted all my environments are the same version 10.2.300.23).

All the files downloaded during a client session actually go to
C:\ProgramData\Epicor\<app server>-808\3.2.300\<company ID>\

And none of the subfolders or filenames seem to have anything that indicates the environment they are for.

Did I miss something during my setup of my TST and UAT apps, that would have directed those clients to use a different location?

Good question.
I don’t know yet but… added to my list of things that in the past have appeared to be shared between live and test systems.

In the meantime, I wonder if you tried setting alternate cache(s) if that might give you any insights?

KB0029780 - TECH - Is there a way of changing the temp folder location for the Epicor client
https://epicorcs.service-now.com/epiccare/?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=1c71fe40db2b6a04b3227e09af961972

1 Like