Cloud Customers Experiencing Periodic Slowness after migrating to 2022.1.3 over weekend

Is anyone seeing periodic slowness in performance in returning data since the migration to 2022.1.3 over the weekend. Forms load as normal but when searching data especially in large tables we seem to periodically drop in performance. Seems to happen around the hourly change for about 10 to 15 minutes. So for example between 8 and 8:15 I will fire off a dashboard reading labor reporting which normally takes 3 seconds will now say loading data and then eventually time out the baq and return nothing after 1 or 2 minutes. We went in to this performance drop and by the time I finished creating a support ticket with Epicor and entering this post, performance has now returned to normal. This happened most of yesterday and has continued now this morning.

1 Like

Confirmed that we also are experiencing speed issues yesterday and today.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, I have a support ticket open.

1 Like

We deferred our upgrade out to August, but we are still experiencing similar performance degradation. Many users are receiving the ‘Not Responding’ message this morning. I opened and escalated a case yesterday morning, but still no acknowledgement of a problem on Epicor’s end.

Between 8:07 and 8:22 am CST - BAQs timing out on dashboards.
Now back to normal, with actually really good performance.

Just had a 9:06am CST to 9:21am CST drop in performance mirroring my 8 O’clock drop

1 Like

Just had my 3rd 15 minute outage, created a second support ticket with tech support and not the cloud team to see why the cloud team hasn’t acknowledged my ticket 4 hours ago. Is the cloud team’s email down has anyone gotten any response from them.

Yes we have also experienced intermittent drastic performance hits periodically over the last couple of days after the 2022.1.3 Production Update. It is affecting several people and even affecting shop floor performance of machinists being able to log in and out of jobs. I haven’t filed a ticket yet but I probably will. Trying to check everything I can on our side including doing the Clear Client Cache and manually dumping the Program Data/Epicor folder to see if that helps. We are hosted on the Epicor Public Cloud (Azure).

2 Likes

We just had another big performance hit about 10 to 15mins ago and now it is back to working decent again. If any of you get any feedback from Epicor and willing to share I would be curious to find out what in the world is going on here.

Thanks,
Chris
IT Support

1 Like

I can set my watch to 6 minutes after the hour our system dies for 18 minutes.

Epicor Cloud Alerts - None
Cloud Team Response - (Won’t even acknowledge my support ticket.)
Escalate ticket - no response
Epicor Support (Can you check with the cloud team?)
Response 3 hours ago “I will check on the server end and get back to you.”
I just escalated my ticket to check and see why the cloud team is not responding.

5 Likes

Patrick is right on timing, happening to us now. Slow performance.

1 Like

Pilot Database, no issues in performance. Live database our plant gets another 18 minute break.

2 Likes

Yep, I confirmed the 18 minute mark is when performance improved on our end. Got the same behavior during the slow down with our customization on the Windows Smart Client, with just base layer on Windows Smart Client, and even slow performance using Kinetic with NO customization in the browser (Chrome). After 2:18pmCST then performance is back to normal. I just filed a EpicCare ticket, so I am joining the party of letting Cloud Team know there is an issue here. And now…we…wait. Appreciate the updates Patrick.

1 Like

Was your support ticket to the Cloud Team or regular support?

1 Like

I flagged the Cloud Team but it also showed it logged it as technical. In my experience alot of times the technical team acts as a liaison with the Cloud Team. It has been difficult in the past to talk directly with the Cloud Team on a ticket. They added the option to pick Cloud Team on EpicCare but not sure if that has removed the middle man of the technical team or not. Not meant as knock against the tech team, but it does slow down communication on Cloud Issues sometimes in the past. I have brought that up as an opportunity for improvement with them before.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten any acknowledgement from Epicor that they have a problem?
My support tickets have no responses.
My CAM is also escalating my cases, I have escalated my cases.
I’m getting no confirmation we are too high up in the cloud and are passing thru another 18 minute blackout while our database circles behind the moon.

2 Likes

Still no response on my ticket. I just filed it earlier though and have not escalated…yet.

1 Like

They just acknowledged escalating my case but have not said there is an issue.

2 Likes

We also deferred our upgrade but are experiencing the same performance degradation.

Apparently Microsoft assisted Epicor with a fix that may improve performance for us tomorrow. I’m guessing it would apply to other customers as well. We were told to monitor performance after being in the system for a couple of hours tomorrow.

1 Like