Create and then assign serial numbers

I am trying to create a serial number, assign it to a job and then do a time and expense operation. I am not sure how to get the created serial number “R0051” assigned to the job. is there something I am missing? I don’t see how the serial number I am creating doesn’t get assigned. The data sets for the create and assign are different datasets.

strFirstSN = “0051”;

Erp.BO.SelectedSerialNumbersDataSet dsSerialNumber = new Erp.BO.SelectedSerialNumbersDataSet();

using (var svc = WCFServiceSupport.CreateImpl<Erp.Proxy.BO.SelectedSerialNumbersImpl>(session, Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase<Erp.Contracts.SelectedSerialNumbersSvcContract>.UriPath))
	{
		svc.CreateSerialNum(dsSerialNumber, "60830013502", "", "", 0, strFirstSN, "badbca23-c8e1-47dd-9149-a8a147b685b0", "", "MfgSys", "");
	}

// Assign serial numbers
	Erp.BO.SerialNoAssignDataSet ds = new Erp.BO.SerialNoAssignDataSet();

string str = "";
	using (var svc = WCFServiceSupport.CreateImpl<Erp.Proxy.BO.SerialNoAssignImpl>(session, Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase<Erp.Contracts.SerialNoAssignSvcContract>.UriPath))
	{
		svc.SetSerialNoAssign(ds, true, out str);
	}

The part requires Serial Tracking ticked on Part Maintenance. Once ticked, raise a job through Job Entry, specify the quantity then go to Serial Number Assignment.

Thank you for your reply. I don’t understand it though.

Hi Joel, on Epicor look up - Serial Number Assignment

I got it. Thanks for your help.