Create New SN Skips a number?

When doing a serial number assignment Epicor is skipping a serialno. We are missing SN 008-5650003. Doing a search there are not transactions for the serial number. The serial number isn’t in the system.

Anyone else have this happen? Is there a way to force Epicor to use 008-5650003?

Hi Ken,

I believe we have seen this when a serial number was assigned to a job and then other serial numbers (sequentially) were assigned to other jobs, and then person deleted the serial number in the first job SN assignment screen. System never went back and used serial number that had been deleted. We have provided a bpm/message warning user they are about to delete serial number and if they want the SN to get reused, to unassign it instead of deleting it.

Nancy

I had a conversation with the user, they said that they moved the SN back on the SN pop up, but maybe they don’t recall exactly what happened.

Is the BPM on SerialNo deletion? Or somewhere else.

This happens once or twice a year, so it isn’t a huge deal. We just added the SN in SN entry.

Hi Ken,

I’m sorry, I fibbed. It’s not a bpm. It’s a customization on Serial Number Assignment with a message sent when the tool is clicked, per below. IDK why we didn’t do a bpm. I think one could work fine on delete of SerialNo record.

Nancy