Custom Reports for multiple companies

So I have custom reports (dashboard/baq’s) for my company. When I set the up in the menu maintenance I did check the All Company’s when I set it up (see screen shot)

But users from that company can’t access the reports. The error message says

I have redeployed the dashboard with All Companies checked.

What am I missing and how can I get these access to both company’s?

Thanks Kim

Go to your Security Tab and see if the SEC469 has all securities in addition does the user have permission

No it was open to all but I think i figured it out. My BAQ wasn’t marked all company’s. I checked it and also made sure it was checked on the dashboard and redeployed. So far seems to work. Do i have to redeploy them?

Thanks Kim

Make sure the BAQ is marked all companies AND the dashboard is marked all companies.

If you’ve redeployed the dashboard in Dashboard Designer, then it should be good. Your End User will need to log out of Epicor and log back in to pick up the change made to the dashboard setting. The redeployed assembly will get picked up because it overwrites the existing XML file generated previously - so it doesn’t need to be redeployed in Menu Maintenance.

The only time you would need to update the dashboard in Menu Maintenance is if you create a brand new dashboard to replace an old one.

still doesn’t work. I think it is a bug.

We’ve found that many times with dashboards, you need to clear cache, then log out of Epicor. Then when you go in again, the dashboard is reloaded properly.

1 Like