Database Login Prompts with E10 Crystal Report

Epicor 10.1.500.11

We are working on moving some of our crystal reports to work over in our E10 environment. I’ve got them added to the menu but every time I try to run one of the reports, I get a database login prompt. I have tried changing the DSN settings from using windows nt credentials to ones I manually enter but it still doesn’t seem to work. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Hi, this normally happens when latest report table structure and the XML DataSet don’t have the same structure, you must update report tables DataSet with an updated XML report data

If this is an ODBC report instead of one that uses an Epicor Report Data Definition to generate an XML file for the data source, you can set the ODBC credentials on the company maintenance record. After making this change, you’ll need to close your client, log in, and try to print your report again.

That did it thank you Nathan! One other question, for these to run on different clients, will the clients need to have the runtime installed on them and also have the SQL Native client installed and setup?

Correct, yes to both.

1 Like

If you were using sql server 2008 and have moved to 2012 or higher, ensure that you have installed the latest SQL Client on the computers where you are launching the reports. sqlncli.msi is what you should install for your respective version.