Disabling Controls In a Kinetic Form (Follow-up)

Hey,

I’ve had some advice against doing this, so I’d like to run it by the group again, in the effort to understand the pitfalls and head off potential bad results.

In a UD02 form, I create a baq dataview to speed search results connected to comboboxes. Since it’s already there, I added some calculated boolean fields to use in disabling controls, depending on data states in the UD02 record.

In this case, the baq dataview contains a field called scrapPartsList.Calculated_Issue. I’ve added this field to a button in the epibinding.

In a row rule, I look at UD02.Issued_c. If it’s true, the rule disables scrapPartsList.Calculated_Issue. You can see below that the button is greyed out if UD02Issue_c is true.

This works just fine, and I don’t have to track down all the events and set properties on the button directly to disable/enable in multiple events.

Question: What pain could this cause down the road?

Thanks,

Joe

Of course, I post these questions to display my ignorance.

Once you click the button and the function runs, and then you come back and set the UD02 field and the row rule disables the baq dataview column, you get an error complaining about another user modifying the row and the form locks up.

Ah, well. Lesson learned.

Joe