DMT Combined type templates

A few quick questions on DMT and “combined” type templates…

As I understand it, when creating a new record that the system would normally generate the number for (OrderHed, ShipHead, etc…), you can set the OrderNum to zero to have it create a new record.

For example, the following would create 3 new Orders (only the OrderHed records created)
(not all required fields show)

Company   OrderNum   CustID
MC        0          XYZ123
MC        0          PDQ999
MC        0          XYZ123

The above requires checking the “Add New” box in DMT

If I used the Sales Order Combined in DMT, it allows specifying line and release info in the same line. But this requires the OrderNum the for the line details. like:
(again, not all required fields show)

Company   OrderNum   CustID  OrderDtl#OrderLine OrderDtl#PartNum
MC        0          XYZ123  0                  WIDGET-001
MC        0          XYZ123  0                  WIDGET-002
MC        0          PDQ999  0                  WIDGET-001
MC        0          XYZ123  0                  WIDGET-001

What guarantees that the the first and second rows end up on the first order created, row 3 the second order, and row 4 the third? And that row 4 isn’t just added as the 3rd line of the first order created?

When updating existing records, the OrderDtl#OrderLine will be respected, but not so on Add New records.

Does DMT assume that if the OrderNum and CustomerID haven’t changed then these rows are apart of the same order?

What does the following input file create

Company   OrderNum   CustID  OrderDtl#OrderLine OrderDtl#PartNum  OrderRel#OrderRelNum
MC        0          XYZ123  0                  WIDGET-001        0

Four orders with one line each, with just one release on that line?
One Order with four lines, with one release each?
One Order with one line, with four releases?

Calvin for Sales order combined you need to include the PO number.

So the Customers PO number acts like a key?

What if I want to create several E10 orders, using the same Cust PO number? Would they be forced onto a single order by DMT?

I don’t know that one as we have the check duplicate PO’s box checked on all our customers. We need to have unique PO for each order.

I ran a test using combined sales orders, and the Cust PO is not required. Maybe that’s a company setting you enabled.

We 0 the ordernum and set the detail line 1,2,3 then 1,2 etc. Same with releases.

Some testing shows that if the OrderDtl#Orderline is “out of order”, a new Order is created.

The following:

Company   OrderNum   CustID  OrderDtl#OrderLine OrderDtl#PartNum  OrderRel#OrderRelNum
MC        0          XYZ123  1                  WIDGET-001        1
MC        0          XYZ123  2                  WIDGET-002        1
MC        0          XYZ123  2                  WIDGET-002        1
MC        0          XYZ123  1                  WIDGET-001        1
MC        0          XYZ123  3                  WIDGET-003        1

Creates

• (3) Orders
  • The first order has two lines
    • Line 1 WIDGET-001
    • Line 2 WIDGET-002
  • The second order has one line
    • Line 1 WIDGET-002
    • Line 2 WIDGET-002
  • The third order has two lines
    • Line 1 WIDGET-001
    • Line 2 WIDGET-003

The third data row created a new order because the previous order already had a line 2. But the LineNum of 2 specified in the DMT data was ignored.

The fourth data row created a another new order because the OrderDtl#OrderLine value of (1) already existed in the previously created order. But the LineNum of 3 specified in the fifth row of DMT data was ignored, and the next LineNum for this order (Line 2) was used.

Yes,

We have that set on all our customers to check for duplicate PO’s. For DMT what I was saying is that if you include the PO number that it will assign a new order num at each change of PO.

1 Like