DMT Error

I didn’t think about the Workbench. If someone had authorized access to this Buyer and went on their workbench and canceled the suggestion would it be there name or buyers name?

No nothing was received against these releases since they are in the future.

No but it would at least tell you that someone ‘Reveiwed’ the suggestion. A quick query of table SugPOChg would reveal whether or not your releases were considered in the workbench. Look for a checkbox on the Reviewed box and especially look for a C for cancel suggestion.

And hurry because if someone runs the generate suggestions process they will all get wiped.

I have a copy of DB so I am using that. Plus we don’t allow users to run po suggestions

The DMT error is that it cannot find the method. That looks like a bug within DMT itself, not data related. You could try using a different version of the DMT executable (older one if you’ve got one stored away, or newer one) - raise it within Support also.

I do have it open with support and they finally agreed to test it.

If it was me, I would run one template that just opens the releases. Then run a 2nd template to mark the ‘voidrelease’ field as false.

tried that too same error.

Same error on both templates or only on the second one when you try to update the void release field?

When I get vague errors like that, I tend to walk thru the steps in Epicor for the screen I’m trying to update data, to verify that I’m not missing something when I run DMT.

One downside with DMT, is that the “Required fields” listed are generally for adding new records.

It can take some deep knowledge of the BO’s used by DMT when updating records.

@Kimberley - can you delete those problematic releases? Probably not, but the error for why you can’t might shed some light on what elese is referencing those records. And what might needed to be simultaneously updated.

Looks like updating the DMT version fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Was there actually a new version available or did you just re-install? I am having this issue and I am trying all sorts of things but continue to get the same error. We’re on 10.2.300.6