DMT - Inventory Transfer - Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi,

I have been using DMT Inven Tranfer for a while. Using the same template. and now all of a sudden i get the above error on every line. Has something changed in Epicor? Does anyone know what would cause this error?

There’s no Value in the plant column

I know. It has always worked without it, and i also entered it in and i still got the same error message.

What about the future date (tomorrow). Is that typical?

Also, is this set to add, update, or both. It might need to be set to both.

Changing the date back a day does not help. And i have just noticed the Add New box is ticked, But the Update box is greyed out. Maybe i have lost some authorization in the back ground that is stopping me?

Inventory transfers create new parttran records. You can’t update parttran records.

Bins are strings, and it looks like your bin numbers with a ‘.’ in them might have been converted to decimal first.

For example, you have a bin2.269 and one 2.27. Should that second one be 2.270?

Edit

If your making the file with Excel, make sure to set the Bin columns to type Text.

1 Like

Hi,

I have just rechecked the bins and it still has the same error. We do have some bins as 1.00 and some as 1.000… etc. but the bin numbers are correct.

It might be due to DMT version update. Please check it.

This might sound daft, but how do i check that?

I have tested in DMT version 10.2.600.10 and got same error message. It looks like a bug in DMT (its failing in ChangeToBin method). Please log a call with Epicor.

Awesome. Thank you.

@Shannon_McCabe - can you let me know what you find out? I’ve been banging my head on this for two hours today only to see I’m not the only one having a new issue with Inv Xfer, although I’m on v4.0.59.0 for 10.2.300.

Its a bug. Try with different version of DMT. Generally I noticed Inventory Transfer and AP Invoice Combined option have issues with different version for DMT.

1 Like

Thanks @Arul - that worked!

Hi,

How do I change the version?

Download previous version from Epicor website.

@Shannon_McCabe You won’t be able to. I see from earlier you are on 10.2.600. Only older ERP versions let you use older DMT versions.

This is now working again. woop woop

new verison

I am running into this on 10.2.600.10, did anyone find a solution sans upgrading the entire application to a higher version?

Ended up needing to change the column order in 10.2.600.10 from 10.2.600.5, fricken thing

New column order:

Company
Plant
TranDate
PartNum
TransferQty
FromWarehouseCode
FromBinNum
ToWarehouseCode
ToBinNum
TransferQtyUOM
FromLotNumber