Docstar AP rollout time

For those that have done Docstar with AP Automation implementation how many days did you need from Epicor? Looks like we are looking at 10 full days of services for the project. Just curious if anyone actually hit that amount between the implementation and training. We are 3 users.

Hi

Our budget in hours was 94 - the context is that we were the first UK customer to purchase and go live with docStar, so I guess it was all new for Epicor this side of the pond. We dealt direct with the docStar team in the US.

We actually achieve go live using 39 hours of consulting time, and that included training, install and workflow development. Starting consulting in Nov 2017, went live with soft launch in Feb 2018 and all AP invoices from April 2018. The way that I kept the amount of time down was to have a couple of super users learn the system from the docStar consultant, and then cascade that knowledge internally - then, after go live the 4 or 5 key users had an hour or 2 on remote session to just learn some extra hints and tips.

The other key piece of advice I’d give is to sit on the sessions with the consultant and watch watch watch - see what they do to customise the workflow steps to meet your company requirements that would have been captured during scoping. This is powerful in 2 ways - you can talk through it as they go, and ensure that the interpretation is correct. It also means you’re learning to configure workflows, and can understand their thinking process in how to attack doing so.

4 Likes