Docstar - deleting attachments in Epicor - how to control what happens in Docstar?

Wondering if anyone has come across this before and has any insight.

Successfully using Docstar and multiple workflows and interfacing with ERP for a year now. When we delete from ERP, the document does NOT get deleted from ECM - and we were told that is how that works by design. All the security settings, permissions, etc. in ECM are good, and ERP has nothing in it’s Attachments management forms that talk about deleting documents.

THEN, we go and set up a second company. And when we delete a document in ERP, it deletes from ECM. Same setup in ERP and ECM, down to the checkbox. Same user, same credentials.

Any hint as to what I’m missing?

1 Like

Hey @MikeGross , I’m running into the same issue with our two companies. Deleting an attachment from one company deletes from ECM and the other company deletes it from ERP but leaves it in ECM. Just curious if you ever figured this one out.

After running a trace it’s calling the DeleteDocstarFile BO from the one company, but not from the other company??? This has got me stumped

Sorry @tgeels, looks like it solved itself. I couldn’t recall, so I went to see if we had a case open for it and this was my last post on the case: I’m not sayin git was the appserver restart, but I would probably start there - reset them both and see what you get.

1 Like

@MikeGross Thank you for your response! Very strange, fingers crossed restarting the appserver fixes it.