ECM App Server web.config for Kinetic2022

Getting ready to upgrade from 2021.1 to 2022.1 and need to test ECM. Anybody on 2022 with ECM that has the datalink working? When I test the link on the new app server I get a 404error.

Can you share your web config file? It is completely different than the previous web config files for 10 and 2021.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for an answer for two hours now - cannot find one. I’ve tried every combination of URL/appserver and looked at the config files. I’ve got nothing.

You want to open a EpicCare ticket or should I?

@josecgomez - you guys have 2022 and ECM - do you have the integration connected?

1 Like

I have a ticket I opened on the 27th. They just assigned someone to it just a few minutes ago after I posted this.
I will update here when I get an answer.

1 Like

We do not, we are in an old version of ECM :frowning:

1 Like

This was not for 2022, but in 2021 I had my main app server as https and AP automation V1 needed https with SOAP and I was getting 404 errors. I made another app server just for ECM that is set as net tcp which is not for clients and I enabled SOAP and it works for AP v1. SOA is able to use the main app server and I expect AP v2 to also use the main app server once I get around to finishing that.

@josecgomez - Thanks - I thought you may have had it going in ‘dev’, sorry for the confusion.

@gpayne - yes 2021 works with the separate server I have set up too. But the 2022 appserver doesn’t install/configure the same way so it’s not working and there is no clear/obvious way to do it that I can see. I’ve got 2022 up and running, as well and 22.2.85 ECM, but not the AP V2 stuff - yet. No matter the combination I could not get it to talk.

@mmcwilliams has an open ticket with EpicCare and I’ll be playing with the V2 update today, so we shouls all have an answer sometime soon.

1 Like

They have a script for WCF to run then you have to add \WCF to the appserver in the admin console of ECM for the integration. I have not tested yet, because… Attach Document from workflows does not work which we absolutely want working.
I will mess with the V2 update tomorrow I think.

I didn’t get to it today either - so let’s see if we can make it work tomorrow.

Couple of comments from the peanut gallery…

Starting with 2022.1, the Server is running .NET 6 which requires some additional steps to enable WCF based integrated applications - primarily applications not using REST and not using the Client components for connectivity to the Server Services. You essentially need to register in the database each Business Object Service that you want to access via an application expecting to call a WCF based endpoint. Once the BO Services have been registered, the AppServer needs to be restarted.

Included with the 2022+ Release is a SQL Script that can be used to register the standard BO Services used by Epicor provided applications like HCM and the ECM v1 (SOAP) integration. Please reference EpicCare KB Article KB0120930 for more details.

As part of the move to .NET 6, most of the configuration elements previously found in Web.config are now located in Host.config.

4 Likes

Thanks Rich!

@Rich Thanks again for providing this information. I must have missed it along the way in all the docs. Now that I’ve found it, I’ll expound upon it here for all the others who may need the information.

In the Kinetic_InstallGuide_2022.(1 or2).pdf, Under Getting Started → .Net 6 Migration Notes → Integrations with the Kinetic Server, it explains the issue and the solution SQL script which can be found as the file “Enable WCF.sql” located in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Ashworth\Server\WCF on the Appserver.

Following the KB KB0120930 I’ve run the script and Stopped/Started (not Recycled) the appserver. Then I changed the Host, App Path, user and password in the ECM Integration Settings section - and it works.

Some additional information from a related KB article KB0121616
If you have an HCM/ERP integration (EmpBasic, Time, Absence, Payroll):

• Once the Kinetic ERP upgrade is complete, you must run the script above (or ask for it to be run if you are SaaS) and then add ‘WCF’ into the URL inside HCM for each HCM/ERP integration.
    Example:
    Old: https://serverapp01.epicorsaas.com/SaaS7xx/ERP/BO/EmpBasic.svc
    New: https://serverapp01.epicorsaas.com/SaaS7xx/WCF/ERP/BO/EmpBasic.svc
  • HCM Patches 5.13.1311, 5.14.1006, and 5.15.542 change the integration between HCM and ERP/Kinetic from using SOAP to using REST due to a new requirement by Kinetic. This patch contains specific instructions for modifying the HCM web.config file.
  • HCM 2022 (5.16) was released on Thursday, May 19, 2022 and contains the new connection parameters.
1 Like

Clarification for the Epicor SaaS customers -

As part of the Upgrade to 2022.1, we ran the Script to populate and enable the WCF Endpoints for ECM and HCM so those endpoints are already available. If you customized the ECM v1 AP Invoice integration and added additional Services not included in the base deliverable, you will need to request that those Services are added.

As this was done for 2022.1, existing Epicor SaaS customers will likely have had any additions already done. If you are transitioning to Cloud, please test any external integrations - including ECM / HCM - to ensure the Services you need have been registered.

2 Likes

Still working on this one. Spent about an hour and a half with support trying to get it to work.
It seems if both app servers are on the same server it will not work going to and from to test.
We got the test database to work then live stopped working. So then we had to go back to live.
It involved going into attachment type maint and under ECM create folder. Then set get updates under the integration section of ECM.

1 Like

What? Both app server as in your Epicor live app server and your Epicor Test app server?

Correct, not sure why that would matter.

Hmm. Ours is set up the same way, but I was honestly working in a sandbox on this problem. I did notice that using my ECM Dev install, if I changed the integration’s server/appserver/user/password combination to point it to my sandbox(2022.2 after running the script Rich pointed out) it worked immediately BUT changing it back to my Kinetic Dev appserver(11.1.100) it failed for a few minutes then started working. Not sure if that was/is an ECM/IIS problem or something else. Maybe it’s similar and we are missing something specific that the ECM appserver is using.

Otherwise, I can’t for the life of me see why it would matter unless both appservers are different versions/patch levels.

1 Like

Waiting some time and doing an IIS reset on the ECM server is what is needed going between 2021 and 2022 for it to work.

2 Likes