ECM / E10 Integration Questions/Issues

Hoping someone can assist on a few questions.

1. What Fields are you mapping in IDC / ECM for Tax & Freight/Misc?
    (This is the XML Export from IDC to ECM)
  2. Which may be related to the question above
    We’re always getting Tax or Misc Variances in ECM PO/Non PO Workflows?
  • However, when we enter the Tax_TaxCode & TaxRateCode manually it works perfectly

IDC only sends that a tax amount was found. ECM is looking for the liability code fromt he Vendor and in Pre-Create Invoice is sending that Tax Liability code and I think these fields that should calculate tax. We don’t do very many taxable invoices, so I have not dug into this, but the same routine is making the LINEGL_Analysis. Is that happening correctly?

I would do a recording of the process to see what data was being sent in and out of ERP and compare that to a taxable invoice created in Epicor in SSMS to see what values are different.

Any missing pieces can be filled in in the ECM workflow or a bpm.

1 Like

Thanks @gpayne for the Tax info. So it sounds like some company setting for Vendors isn’t coming or setup correctly from E-10 (yes it does populate the LineGL Analysis after manually entering the tax info)…
Another quick question? So how is Freight/Misc charges handled then?

Freight is a header MISC charge and that is in the pre-create and create. The best way to see the process would be a simple invoice. You don’t even need it to actually have freight. You can type it in on the header info in ECM and check the recording.

I did notice, but you would need to check a recording to see if my assumption is correct that I don’t think Taxable and Tax amounts are being sent back to the workflow.

Output section

@bstokes19, to say it a different way - IDC doesnt’ do much of anything except send values (via the XML). It may check for vendor or PO validity, but it cannot truly process anything.

So that leaves it ALL up to the ECM workflows to communicate with ERP when it comes to vendor defaults, company defaults, or AP defaults. Things in Epicor tend to have a hierarchy and need to be set up correctly to begin with. Then the ECM workflows must also PROCESS that data returned (or not returned) from ERP in the way you want them to.

Don’t assume the workflow is doing what you want it to do - we had to make a step that said if IDC sends over a Misc., Feight, or Tax amount to go ahead and make the associated tax entry and Misc. Header Charges automatically to avoid any imbalance on the invoice. The workflow wasn’t doing what we wanted as delivered by Epicor. I’ve not looked at the V2 integration, so some of this may not apply with the new integrations.

Thanks @MikeGross. This customer is on version 2 and they seem fairly new to E10 and been having issues getting Tax & Misc charges to prepopulate in ECM @ the Pre Create Invoice step.
Ben

@gpayne would it be possible for you to share the Generate Documentation from either the PO or Non PO Workflows? Thanks Ben

WorkflowSummary IDC Non PO.pdf (63.9 KB)
WorkflowSummary IDC PO.pdf (82.0 KB)

@gpayne Thanks so much for this.
Ben