Epicor 10.2.600 Kinetic issue

Hello,
we just switched to Epicor 10.2.600. when user tried to use Kinetic style, they got error message.
“Item with same key has already been added”
if switch to classic, it is ok.

any idea?

thanks,

Eddy

Based on what I found, it seems to be because of duplicated entries in Ice.XXXDef related to user menu history.

Does it happen for all users?

You can use below query to check replacing the user
SELECT [TypeCode],[Key1],[Content]
FROM [Ice].[XXXDef]
WHERE [Company] = ‘’
AND [ProductID] = ‘EP’
AND [TypeCode] = ‘MainMenuHistory’
AND [Key1] =

1. Please report all issues you have through the “Feedback” button on the Kinetic screens (Upper Right side of the screen). The feedback IS being monitored.
  2. if you are on 10.2.600 Kinetic, your issue may be resolved in the .700 version. Kinetic is continually being updated and fixed.
  3. over the past week+ I have reported (via Feedback) a dozen+ issues with the new .700 Sales Order Entry Kinetic screen which is released as a preview. I have received emails back with information on which items were already fixed, or that it was put into a queue for fixing. Items I reported were everything as simple as field placement, to behavior of personalizations, to how the screen “twitched” after entering a value and pressing Tab.
    They (development) IS listening… Now is the time to get your feedback into the interface! (I even heard a rumor that the Feedback page is being updated based on suggestions by someone).
3 Likes

Could be duplicate personalizations or issue with PC client cache. With the client closed, delete everything in C:\ProgramData\Epicor\ and see if that resolves the issue.

How do you feel about new Sales Order Entry in Kinetic screen? I saw it in 10.2.600 and its going to be bit hard for the existing users to navigate that screen.

Hello,
it doesn’t happen to all users. but a few users got affected.
thanks, I will try the query you guys posted.

also, we thought it may be the personalization problem after the migration. we clear the cache and deleted all personalization but the problem is still.

thanks a lot,

Eddy

I agree that change will always be more difficult for any person that is experienced in the current form. That said, I will also say to reserve judgement, as the form you saw in .600 was a preview… and the .700 has more changes.
I have been “using” the same sales order program ever since Vantage 8.0 (and I also consulted on V6 versions). I had to put together a powerpoint/demo of Kinetic sales for internal consulting here at Epicor… it took me about an hour to “get used to” the new screens and to start moving around efficiently.
Is it perfect? no, not yet (remember it is a preview)… I turned in some issues with the .700 version and was informed that some of the ease of use issues have already been fixed in the next version to be released. One such issue was that if the PO is required, the user had to click the button at the bottom of the header screen to see more fields so that you could enter the PO (and needby/shipby dates) for the order. These fields are being moved up so that they are always visible.
This is why your feedback is so very important. Our developers don’t always know how all the users out there are using the software.

4 Likes

Nice Tim. I can understand where Epicor is heading towards as they have to change with the time.

1 Like

Hello Guys,
query as below is working. finally, we found which menu cause issue. after we update the content.
the Kinetic mode is working.

thanks,

Eddy
SELECT [TypeCode],[Key1],[Content]
FROM [Ice].[XXXDef]
WHERE [Company] = ‘’
AND [ProductID] = ‘EP’
AND [TypeCode] = ‘MainMenuHistory’
AND [Key1] =

Hey there,

We just started getting this error this morning when trying to log into the Kinetic homepage. I’m trying to run the query, but can’t find a table called XXXDef. Is this called something else? Do the XXX’s represent something?

Thanks!

Ice.XXXDef (and Ice.XXXChunk)

1 Like

I’m guessing you missed my reply 4 days ago with that query :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello Jonathan,
sorry, thanks to reply me. i used your query to fix the problem.

thanks so much,

Eddy

No problem, good that your issue is solved.