Epicor Check number not matching ours

Will try that, as well.  Thanks!
Since our last upgrade, our check numbers no longer match Epicor's check number.  We now have to manually change it each time.  Does anyone know if I can change the check number in Epicor so it starts matching ours each time a new check is produced?

We are on 9.05.702

Thanks,
Andrew
Is the Epicor Check Number Larger than yours? If so that's the issue, someone printer or set a check to a Large number and the way that Epicor gets the "Next" number is by taking MAX + 1 you have very few options here... other than going back and correcting the incorrect number. (Which is typically a no no)

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 3:44 PM, ahsalloum@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Since our last upgrade, our check numbers no longer match Epicor&#39;s check number. Â We now have to manually change it each time. Â Does anyone know if I can change the check number in Epicor so it starts matching ours each time a new check is produced?</p><div><br></div><div>We are on 9.05.702<br><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Andrew</div></div><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Yes, it is higher.  That was what I afraid of.  Was hoping there was a company config that could override that.
Nope, normally that happens bc a user gets finger happy and adds a one or something or a 0... you can.. if you are careful fix that on the DB using a BPM... but its not recommended.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM, ahsalloum@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Yes, it is higher. Â That was what I afraid of. Â Was hoping there was a company config that could override that.</p>

</div><span class="ygrps-yiv-1184619587">

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Thanks Jose.  Bad news, but it does confirm what Epicor told me.

Go to System Management > Company Configuration

- Modules > Finance > Payment Instruments

Change the Starting Number to the next check number you have.

Bethany Rye
Epicor Business Analyst
PTI Engineered Plastics

Or in payment entry, check the over-ride starting check number. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 5, 2014, at 4:14 PM, "'Bethany Rye' brye@... [vantage]" <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Go to System Management > Company Configuration

- Modules > Finance > Payment Instruments

Change the Starting Number to the next check number you have.

Bethany Rye
Epicor Business Analyst
PTI Engineered Plastics

I will try that.  Thanks!