Epicor Online Help Broken?

Anyone else notice the Application Help within Epicor is broken.

10.2.600 for us.

It broke on 12/16/2020

Yep. us too. 10.2.300 for us, but I thought that might be ‘retired’ now… Broke about at least 2 weeks ago for us…

1 Like

I figured someone else would have put a ticket in on it by now… hmmm… don’t use it much but when you need it, you NEED it.

Just noticed it broke yesterday, but was able to install the help stuff locally.

I just did CS0002362237 - Epicor Online Help URL Broken

1 Like

I see. F1 help is broken (“application help”). Yep me too. I really only use field help, and that’s still just fine. Or I use the PDF guides a lot.

Thanks @hkeric.wci. I should have last week but forgot about it until you mentioned it. Just goes to show how little its’ used. I wonder if this was an experiment by Epicor to determine it’s overall value/usage.

I was waiting for @ckrusen :slight_smile:

I use it a lot for users. And most of the new functionality of 600 and 700 is updated in there and not really found anywhere else (ie. functions and cdc) It could be way more helpful if the search worked proper. Lots of good info just hard to get to at the moment.

The error appears to be due to an ISC check script related to IE11 that is broken for some reason.

2 Likes

Online help (via epicor URL) is working for us. Version: 10.2.300, location: USA

And there’s always this to consider … :wink:

Could have been a recent Windows Update affecting everyone else?

Does it run okay from a client launched on the App server?

Just for clarity, My message is different than @hkeric.wci’s

I’ve looked at the previous posts and checked the URL directly -
Using new Edge - I get the same ‘no permission’ answer no matter the version number.
Using Chrome - I get a Date for 10.2.500/600/700, but permission denied for 10.2.300/400.

But if I put 10.2.700 in Company Maint, it doesn’t work… permission denied :frowning:

Interesting, I had one user getting this Access Denied error a couple months ago but I could never reproduce it. I thought it was somehow a fluke related to his user account.

I tested some other version of the URLs in our various dev environments…

URLs:

• 10.2.300 - WORKS

• 10.2.400 - WORKS

• 10.2.500 - WORKS

• 10.2.600 - DOES NOT WORK

• 10.2.700 - WORKS

Epicor made a change to the Online Help Content and broke it

1 Like

4 out of 5.

That would impress Meatloaf.

^- that ain’t bad.

LOL!!! Good reference @ckrusen!

1 Like

@hkeric.wci - so now I’m wondering if my problem isn’t completely different than yours… dang it…

I’m showing my age. And don’t let my avatar picture fool you. That is at least 13 years old. I’m probably as gray as you are Mike.

1 Like

600 BASE vs Recent Online Help

@MikeGross maybe 700 is affected