Extended Property Maintenace and UD Code Type

Can anyone tell me if this field in extended maintenance has any functional purpose other than informational? If I add the UD code type to a field, it doesn’t seem to change anything. I’m assuming that it will have to be done in a customization, but since that field was here, I was just wondering if there is some epimagic somewhere that I am not seeing.

(and yes @ckrusen, I am putting a UD code type on a UD code extended field.)

1 Like

It helps save effort when making a customization. If you do this first, when you add an EpiCombo to your customization and set the EpiBinding to the field shown, it will populate all of the EpiCombo Properties so the dropdown simply works!

Necroposting because if I were looking for my answer and it was in this thread, I would’ve found it. :slight_smile:

Do you know if there is a way to look up the value of this field somewhere in a table in Epicor? It does not show that this field is linked to one on the form but I suspect there is a field somewhere in a related table that stores it. If you don’t know (or I don’t hear back) I will dig on my own and see if I can track it down.

It shows up in field help. The table is ZdataField.

Edit: never mind, I see what you’re saying now. It’s not on that table.

@Banderson - thanks for taking the time to look… but that’s the binding to the data view in that form. The DB Field will display the database table/field if one exists. But in this case, it’s blank. For BOM related things, I’ve found that the Final Operation, for example, is not stored on the PartOpr table, but rather the PartRev table. And instead of it being a boolean field, it’s actually an integer that correlates to the OprSeq that should be the final operation. I was thinking it might be like that here… but I’m not finding a related table that has it.

It was a shot in the dark if you knew off the top of your head. If not, no biggie.

Found a pre-made query on Stack Overflow to basically search an entire database for a string value… lol. We’ll see how that turns out.

It’s in ice.ZColumnProperty, check for PropertyID = ‘UDCodeType’.

3 Likes

Winner winner, chicken dinner. Thanks @tsmith