Generating PCID labels using SSRS instead of Bartender

We do want to use Bartender to generate PCID labels using “PCID Generator”. We would like to use SSRS. I was able to add another style to the dropdown, and set up an RDD and query which might be okay, but not sure. It’s difficult to test, because it’s not set up like most reports where it can previewed, but rather sends it directly to a server printer. I have a Zebra printed connected to my computer which is shared, so I added it as a server printer in Epicor with the path “\ComputerName\PrinterName”. It’s also set up as an SSRS printer. When I generate labels, nothing prints from the printer, nor do I get any error messages.

I would want to be breaking it down and taking the complexity out of things.
For example.
Print a label from Word or some other app on your PC.
Print a label from the server to the shared printer on your computer.
Print a label from the server to the shared printer using the same account that is executing Epicor App Server Task agent.

Then go from there.

You might find this post useful also.

Thank you for the link, I will check it out.

I am able to print labels to the printer from within Epicor, for example if print preview is available.

1 Like

There has to be something off with your printer config in Epicor, or as I said it might be a permissions issue, because printing from print preview is not the same as printing from server (from a user/security context).

It might be worth checking your event logs on the application server also.

From reading that other thread, I think we need to set up the printer on our Epicor server. I will keep this thread updated.

1 Like