Global Alerts Changed

I am currently running 10.2.700 on-prem with three custom Global Alerts set up as Data Directives on the AlertQue table. All work great. They send out nicely formatted HTML emails with all the details we want.

Transitioning to 2023.2 Cloud, and the AlertQue does not work the same way. To get a new row to be added to the AlertQue table, you have to set both Active and Send Alert in Global Alert Maintenance,

But then two emails get sent, and very simple one defined in Global Alert Maintenance and the nicely formatted on I create in the DD BPM.

How can I turn off that simple email without turning off the added row in AlertQue?
I use Alerts at quote creation, at quote follow-up and at quote expiration.

@BKen posed a similar question in another topic, but there was no answer:

1 Like

If you keep the To: Textbox, blank, what will happen ?

The TO: textbox is blank! But, the s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ form has an entry for Specific Recipient that is set to Salesperson on the quote and can’t be edited.

Maybe I can do some sort of BPM on the close of this form that forces the actual TO: field of the email to blank or some dead email address?

Try adding the To: Field to your email address and see if this is routing it to you . Lets avoid BPM …

Yes, if my email address is in the TO: field, then the standard global alert goes to me AND to the Salesperson that just created the quote. When the TO: field is blank, the standard global alert goes only to the Salesperson on the quote.

Well, I must admit I had some incorrect results yesterday while testing this. Here’s what I know now:
Set the TO: field to blank, and Alert fails completely. Blank is not allowed.
Set the TO: field to any valid email address and two alert emails are sent, one standard global alert and one custom alert as defined by my custom code BPM. And the standard alert is addressed to two people, the email address of the User (or maybe Workforce) listed as the Salesperson, and the email address listed in the TO: field.

Here’s my workaround: 1. Created an In-Transaction Data Directive (that’s before the data hits the database) on AlertQue that changes the Specified Recipient to a user who does not have an email defined(manager in my case), and 2. set the TO: field to a valid email address that no one monitors so its a dead message. (It might also work to set the TO: field to an invalid email address but I didn’t check if that works).

The Specified Recipient textbox on the Global Alert form gets passed to ttAlertQue.Sender, so in the workaround BPM that is the field that needs to be changed.

1 Like

So eventually a BPM, Glad it works !