How do you keep track of your changes/customizations to Epicor?

There is one for the Unique Business Component Tracker, which is a similar tool that the SaaS team uses to track changes. I believe it’s an SQL script. Doug’s uses BAQs and doesn’t work for all tabs because SaaS users don’t have access to all the same tables.

There may be other choices soon… :thinking:

J’ai pas le temps pour le moment de le créer alors si tu veut bien ce serait super! J’irai mettre 3 votes dessus!

Pierre

1 Like

In fact it’s already there… only 4 votes… now 5…

1 Like

Fair enough… but even if I thought Epicor’s cloud version was mature enough for us, our internet in the industrial parks where our plants are, is not. I think I’m on-prem for at least 5 years, and I’d love to see either option. I have looming upgrades…

Now 6 :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there are empty lots in your business park you might be able to get the city to chip to bring fiber to the park. Or lobby other businesses in the park. The run from downtown is usually the expensive part but the city will think of it as infrastructure. It’s happened twice in my area, towns of 10-12,000 people

we have fiber, and enough bonded T1s to give us 30.0 for backup. That’s not an issue. I went a year without an unplanned windows reboot, but in that year our metro area (4 million-ish people) lost half its commercial internet twice. Once for an hour due to aggressive vines on an overloaded pole some 25km away, and once in an access pit, seemingly due to aggressive frost. That time it was 15 hours. We reserved the T1s for VoIP, inter-plant replication, and email, but zoom and other things were too much. Very, very glad Epicor was on-prem.

Somebody who shall be nameless from a company we all know and love, today mentioned a tool available to analyse a setup against a new release, and flag all conflicts, schema changes, deprecated nuts and bolts, etc; then quickly backpedaled and said he’d better be careful what he said and wasn’t sure. Someone senior to him coughed meaningfully (or maybe I imagined that :slight_smile:) .

Anyhow, it definitely caught my attention and I wonder if anyone else knows what that might be? I haven’t actually followed up and asked for it, but it sure sounds cool.

I thought that was called the Epicor ERP Analyzer. You need to go to the Epicor Upgrade Portal and register to download it. There is also the Database Packer utility, which you can use to send your database to support (all encrypted and to the correct jurisdiction, which is nice).

Link here https://upgradeservices.epicor.com/

1 Like

@enbw

hm, not recognizing my creds…

ok, great, thanks. I see a few threads to tug on in epicweb.

May need to go to your CAM to get them…

We use solutions all the time here, as a consultant. In fact pretty much everything goes in solutions apart from SSRS reports, external DLL and other external deployables, and menu items. Main reason being the solution workbench just doesn’t work for SSRS reports (the RDL itself), and it does funky/bad things with menu items.

With each project we fill a manifest listing all of the individual parts included, their versions, deployment instructions if necessary, dependencies, and deployment checklist, including functional test results, and a user guide where applicable. All of this goes into a folder structure on the file server. In addition to that, we use Smartsheets to keep a log of every deployed UD field, customization, and solution installed for every individual customer environment. It is time consuming, and it’s only as good as the people are filling it in, but we have had good luck to date and managed to get the point across the team that it is imperative we take the time necessary to fill it all in.

I know for a fact many of us consultants have been begging Epicor for years to fix the solution workbench to work with ALL deployable objects in Epicor reliably, add support for custom staging or install order, as well as adding native support for proper version control platforms like SVN, TFS, Git, or whatever else. So far no luck. We have an internal project on the back burner to create native TFS support as a customization, but no idea when I’ll have time to get to it…