How to deploy E10 Clients using Group Policy?

We’ve recently deployed E10 in our organisation and had to rely on manual installs on everyone’s computer. Is there an easier way to deploy the client using Group Policy or otherwise? I’ve tried adding it into the GPO but I wasn’t able to transfer folders and subfolders.

Regards,
Javier

Wouldn’t it be easier to run a silent installation by GPO, instead of transferring folders?

Hi Frans,

Not all users have local administrative access to run the installer. About half of the organisation do not have that level of access.

Regards,
Javier

may be it is a bit late for my suggestion, but this is what i would do -you only need to do it once- , create a determined network user name let call it “InstallerAdmin”, instruct your IT team to make it a local admin on all company PC’s, (i.e it is part of installing procedure for any company PC/Client Machine), then every time you want to install Epicor Client/ or any Server Client App, send an email with the full instructions to log on under this user name, go to the shared folder, click install, log on, then off, and restart…etc…with regard to the password for this user you have two options either add it on the same email or circulate it on any other way if you do not want it to be appeared on emails, finally you can specify a period of time to do that, then after that change that user id password.

I think there was a way to install software from GPO by creating a separate OU with a dedicated computer local admin, but I remember it was kind of a mess.

You could try one of the free deployment tools like PDQ deploy. They let you ‘run as’ a specific user for installations.

Just a note here, which probably doesn’t apply but silent installation does not exist for Public Cloud users. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Another note, the latest 10.2.300 client requires DotNet 4.7.2 so that will need to be part of the installation if it isn’t present on the clients.

1 Like