How to evaluate for <blank> on an EpiUltraCombo control

Within a data directive BPM, I have been trying to perform a very simple evaluation of an EpiUltraCombo control in the following manner:

This occurs at the end of a series of four additional and similar evaluations, all of which are against EpiTextBox controls.

The odd behavior that I’m experiencing is…

• If there is NO value in the combo-box control, the BPM logic works just fine. However, if a value is present in the combo-box control, none of the other textbox evaluations occur.

• To be more precise, if no values exist for the five controls, all logic works. If values exist for all textbox controls, but not for the combo-box, all logic works. If I remove all values from the five controls, then place one value in any of the textboxes and a value in the combo-box, none of the BPM logic works.

I have also tried evaluating for null instead of a blank string in the combo-box, but that did not seem to work either.

Of note, the combo-box is being populated by a business logic dataset:

… but I don’t see how this would affect the “state” of the combo-box when no value has been selected for it.

Any caveats, perhaps, in evaluating whether or not a value has been selected in an EpiUltraCombo control?

Might be due to how you are evaluating your logic on the conditional box.
If one of the values satisfies the condition, it would present as true with how the conditional block is written.
I’m not entirely sure what your desired behavior of the BPM/conditions are but that’s something to consider.

Thanks Aaron.

Well… in keeping with @JasonMcD’s recent post concerning the topic of answering your own question while composing it, I just resolved my own issue.

This, after a good 20 minutes of piecing together a Snag-It graphic to show you, of which Vincent Van Gogh would truly be jealous.

Anyway, I had all of my logic pieced together neatly, but I had forgotten to close the loop by directing the BPM to do something if the conditional on the “cboCountry” control was evaluated as false. So, all true/false branches in all conditional nodes were handled, except for that last one on the evaluation for “cboCountry”.

I’ll go stand in the corner now.

2 Likes