Ice.SysCompany.IsLive

I just noticed this new checkbox in v10.2.500:

which I assume is tied to this BPM condition option:

Just curious if/how people are using it, also wondering if the checkbox comes into play anywhere else in Epicor?

One case is to prevent emails, edi, and other third party integrations from executing from a Test system or a system during implementation.

1 Like

It seems that Is Live <> Non-Production.
Non-Production/Production is set in admin console. “Is Live” is not connected to that. To set production vs non production for BPMs right click on your app server and you set it there.

Hmm, I guess my assumption was wrong. I hope someone out there can shed some clarity on the purpose of each… seems very odd to me.

Well as I explained the Set Production can be used for filtering in BPMs which is super handy for emails and integrations you want to stop from happening in dev systems.

The live designation I suppose you could use any way you want, but I’m guessing Epicor added it due to cloud tenants mostly for their own use in managing customers brought online. Especially if you bring more companies online in multi-company scenarios.

Help is useless in this case from a functionality standpoint, but use it as you like in BAQs or what have you.

Think of it as “Set Production” is system wide and “Is Live” is company wide. From there creativity in use is king.

2 Likes