Installing Help in 10.2

Yeah, I tried using mine. I have a ticekt in with Epicor. Hopefully they have some answers.

Please excuse the following dumb question, but are you including the domain name, “\” then your custom account as @Banderson suggested? I think I’ve seen this error before - and I remember being upset that the error-text wasn’t very helpful in pinpointing the cause.

Yes, I thought of that as well. I actually tried it withthe slash both ways and still doesn’t work.

Upgrade to 10.2.300 and use our hosted version of application help so you don’t need an on-premise install? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Geez! Why can’t you guys just make one thing work in all versions! :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the insight! Sometimes tunnel vision is what I get.

I’ll look for your support case and try to help with the actual issue you’re running into. Application help should absolutely work and we’ll get it to with the version you’re on!

how would that work for users/workstations not allowed to access the internet?

It wouldn’t in the case, which is why we still offer an on-premise install option of application help in 10.2.300.

Do we still have to install it or can we just point to https://help.epicor.com/

^ PS unless you send the same headers the Epicor Client sends you will get an error, you should be able to pluck this in to your Company Config / Company Maintenance

You don’t have to install it locally, no.

2 Likes

Ok, so we are stuck on this ticket. Any ideas, help? Can’t even get the EDD to load as well. It’s like my system is cursed or something!