BAQ Subreport

I created a nice BAQ report that summarizes our jobs/capacity by production line. I want to add an optional subreport to display the details… there’s enough other stuff in the summary report that I can’t just let the report do my grouping/summarizing for me… I want to pass that in to the report from Epicor already done. So I created a separate BAQ report (right, wrong, or other) for the details… but I want that to be a subreport in the first BAQ report. Can it be done? If not, what is the correct way to accomplish my goal? I tried adding a BAQ to the BAQ report’s data definition but that doesn’t seem to be the way.

Mr. Dan: I would start with a new RDD and make this an “RDD Report”. You can add as many BAQ’s as you like to that kind of report.

The setup is a little trickier - but far more powerful.

Here is a quick outline

1. Add new RDD
  2. Add BAQ(s) to RDD
  3. Map Parameters from BAQ
  4. Add Filters (when applicable)
  5. Create Report Style
  6. Make sure to use the RDD you created for the datasource
  7. From report style Actions–>Create SSRS Report.
  8. Download the SSRS report. Update report, then upload it.
  9. Add “Report” to menu (to launch and test report)
  10. Done - everyone happy :slight_smile:

DaveO

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense! I’ll give that a shot. Thanks @DaveOlender

What service will I use?

Go all the way to the bottom of the service list and look for “DynamicCriteriaReport”.

DaveO

1 Like

Yep. We got it wired up now. I have one additional request. I was planning on setting up an option to show/hide details… the BAQ Report designer made that very easy. Now that I’m in the “dynamic” report, how can I achieve this so I get an option on the Print dialog?

I suppose worst case scenario I can just create a second report style. That’s probably the easiest way to do this.

Mr. Dan: You can add a prompt to the RDD - however i typically will add a Parameter to the BAQ. Either way will work - that way you will not have to add a report style.

DaveO

1 Like

Thanks again! I got it all working nice and even have a checkbox that a user can check to show/hide details.

Mr. Dan: You are the MAN!

Congrats and welcome to a new part of the Epicor world.

DaveO

1 Like