Job Closing Pop-up: unapproved or active labor transaction open

I’m trying to use the Job Completion / Closing Maintenance. The Job in question was marked Complete three months ago and its Production QTY has moved to Stock as it should. When I check the Closed checkbox and try to save I get this:
“A labor detail record is either active or has not been approved”
So I check SQL all LaborDtl records on that Job # have ApprovalRequired = 0, all ApprovalDate are filled, all ActiveTrans = 0 all Complete = 1.
I can’t figure out what I’m missing that is stopping this process.
Any thoughts?
Ben

Check Job Tracker --> Job Details --> Operations --> Labor Transactions for each operation and see if it shows up there.

Thanks for the advice. It shows all of the valid clock ins per Operation. That didn’t really help.
But I did find some unusual LaborDtl entries that looked like they were manually put an and done incorrectly. When I deleted those, I could precede with Job Closing.
Ben

Is it possible to close a job without approving the labor? An option somewhere or something?

No, you cannot close a job without approving the labor. Because Closing a Job means no more transaction can occur after the job is closed.

On 10.0.7.4, when a job left active on the MES and the worker forget to end activity, the LaborDtl transaction will disappear off their MES when they login the next day. The LaborDtl will have the status Submit rather than Approved.

There is a process called End Activity On Active Labor Transactions Process CVJC0050 in Conversion Workbench, this may help ending activity, but it will not change the status.

I am sure there is a way to automating the LaborDtl approval process.

But if you want to just list all the Employee which has entry that is not Approved, you can use this BAQmLaborDtlNotApproved.baq (12.2 KB)

after finding the transaction with status ‘E’ from Job Tracker transaction details, you need to go on Time and expense Entry, and retrieve it and resubmit it.this will change the transaction status to ‘A’ (Approved) then you will be able to close the job

2 Likes

Thank you both for the information.

1 Like

I feel your pain; I am currently doing this for hundreds of entries on open jobs dating back to 2016… 3800 more open jobs to go.

We had this problem and support instructed us to create an updatable BAQ to correct these entries. Here are the instructions. Updatable BAQ E10.docx (856.2 KB)

You can also run conversion. First like Al stated you need to do a BAQ and check for any labor ticket with status E. Then with the Employee ID and LaborHedSeq and LaborDtlSeq you go to the conversion workbench, select User Run Conversion and look for this, I don’t know if you would have it, but the first time that happened we placed a ticket and support told us to do this, since we are a SaaS we couldnt do it at the time, but it seems like we can now, which is cool.

Select the first one ie then go to actions and select Run pending conversions

In here you put in the employee number, then get transactions, select the ones you want to end and that would allow you to close the labor ticket. If you are unable to close it in the time and expense entry. Depending on how often your company runs the capture process, you will need to follow this method.

If it hasn’t been posted, you can just DMT it haha

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

I am using the updatable BAQ as well. However, as our jobs collect many labor records over the span of a couple of months I made a minor change to the BAQ to sort the labor records so anything other than TimeStatus “A” floats to the top:

Just hit the 'Get List" button to refresh the screen from time to time.

I am now trying to DMT a few of the T&E Labor records, and I am getting errors: “Object Reference not set to an instance of an object” and “A valid Job Number is required”.

The records that get the first error don’t have job numbers. That is all I can see what is different about them. The records that get the second error I am really not sure as to why, since the Job is valid and open. The shop floor employee is also Active. The record just dates from two years ago.

Anyone seen that before?

Yes. Make sure the Employee ID is correct and the Employee is Active. We’ve seen the “Object Reference…” error and this is usually the cause if the job info is correct.

Mark W.

And if you’re really, really, really sure that’s good. Check out Lookup fields to make sure they are correct.

Finally, try it in T&E Entry and see what error it throws there.

Mark W.

Checked and re-checked. I am wondering now if Plant could be an issue somehow with regards to the Valid Job error? I don’t see a straight reference to a manufacturing site on the template. But logged into one site, I don’t get to manipulate the other site’s jobs… Maybe it has something to do with that?

That’s a possibility. The plant is usually set from the last logon for that user. You might have to break your file up by plant and run the separately.

Hm: “EnteredOnCurPlant” is mentioned in the template. Don’t see where LaborDtl has a matching field for that though.

I might try to split them up as you suggest and see what happens.

Easier said than done! I thought I was going crazy because I could see the active transaction in Job Tracker (and in a select from LaborDtl) but I couldn’t find anything active in Time and Expense Entry. Turns out there’s a bizarre bug in the base T&EE form. Click the detail in the tree, and the form displays totally incorrect information from some other detail. (I haven’t tried to pin down which.) But minimize or maximize the form, and it actually refreshes with the detail you have selected.

This worked for me! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like