Kinetic Export to Excel Error

We have just come up into Kinetic 2022.1.13. The one person who is using the Kinetic interface is having issue in Export to Excel. She gets her grid, select the 3 dots, select Export to Excel. She gets "Error - Sorry! Something went wrong. Please contact… Correlation id:
She can hit OK.
She can save it.
Then she has to shut down Epicor, or she gets errors for everything else.

@scott When you mean Kinetic interface, do you mean via a browser or via the client?

Does this issue occur for only one particular screen or all grids?

Places to look at,
What version of Excel is installed? Excel Bitness i.e. 64bit vs 32 Bit.
If using Kinetic via the browser, try getting them to clear their history/cookies.
If using the Epicor client. Try a clear client cache, or delete the personalisation (although I’m not sure that would make any difference for a Kinetic form (anyone?)).

I hope that helps.

If someone gets the “Sorry! Something went wrong. Please contact your system administrator.” error in Kinetic, the fix is to rename WebDeployment folder on the server, and then Epicor re-creates a new one. It fixed the error I was seeing in our Kinetic EDU testing environment.

EpiCare Resolution: Go to the System Agent Maintenance then take note of the Server Data Directory (i.e. c:\epicordata).
Then on the server go to that directory path.
In the directory should be a WebDeployment folder.
Rename this directory for backup, i.e. WebDeployment.old.
Then login to Kinetic, the WebDeployment folder should get recreated and no longer get the error.
Error
Sorry! Something went wrong. Please contact your system administrator. Correlation Id: 7a8a56ce-4133-441f-aaa0-9a53fdaefc16

1 Like

Thanks for the pointers.
I was referring to the client. (what browser-- I found the browser, now under my user I get the same error in other very basic places).
She had no personalization in the ?Legacy? stuff. She has been brave and pushing forward. She is my last power user.
I logged into her PC, using my Epicor user. I cannot duplicate the problem.
She is on O365.
I will follow all of the recommendations.
Office Repairs.
Clear ?Legacy? cache.
Rename the WebDeployment.
The sand is not deep enough anymore.
At least the Mexico CSF works. The only reason we did this upgrade.

Scott

When the error says

first thing you should do is to check server side log or event viewer. This error is coming from service.

2 Likes

I have done all of suggestions, and we still get this error.
The event viewer shows two errors.
Headed to support.
FIRST
Ice.Common.EpicorServerException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
—> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
—> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near the keyword ‘By’…

SECOND
Ice.Common.EpicorServerException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword ‘By’.
—> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near the keyword ‘By’.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)…

This means SQL is generated incorrectly.
You need to track down what is wrong. If it is BAQ, then one of the options - dump all BAQ SQL statements into log, like described here

@scott Stab in the Dark here, but we do a fair amount of copy-to-Excel and our issues are usually when I do not truncate a Character field that happens to have a HUGE amount of text. Think Line Comments on a custom Order or something like that.

I try to always truncate large text fields to keep Excel from choking on it. Plus it looks so much better in excel without all that line-wrapping ugliness.

1 Like

Continuing Saga of M’s Chart Tracker – Export to Excel error – working with support.

FYI - this is happening our second company in Epicor. It is using Mexico CSF.

FIRST THING THIS AM

• Still get the error.
    • Noticed that there is a Solution listed on her home page. TSG_MXInvoice.****?
      • I do not have a notation for Solution on my home page in Mexican Co.*****?
    • In Kinetic UIX - Access Chart Tracker, input GL#, Tab, go down to Transaction Detail – Total, Total Transaction Detail, expand to see data

Answering Epicor Support questions.

—> Support ??? Log in as Classic works. (what do you call Classic, see iii below)

• Right Click \ Copy to Excel works fine for both.
    • (We need to define classic). Legacy interface we are using is accessed without checking Classic nor Home Page boxes on login.
    • When in Kinetic, starting Chart Tracker and keeping as classic
    • Logging in as Neither Classic or Home Page (no box checked at login)
    • I assume that she has personalized this Kinetic UIX of the Chart Tracker.

—> Support ??? After you click Ok and the save windows pops up are you able to save the file fine?

• Yes, we can save the file fine, but after hitting OK on the Error popup.
  • If I input another GL account into Chart Tracker, I get the error when tabbing through the GL account to pull up the data.
  • AND if I click Refresh in the Total Transaction Detail, I get the error.
  • We have to close out and log back into Epicor.

—> Support ??? Are you sorting the columns before exporting to Excel?

• When I log into Chart Tracker as M. this Total Transaction Detail pulls up, it is sorting by date. This must be a personalization.
  • When I log in as myself into Kinetic, there is no sort.

—> Support ??? Have you tried using developer mode, base only?

• In Developer Mode – With Base Only, we get the Error.
    • There is still a sort by date. Is this really base only in Kinetic UIX?

This problem is due to a sort of filter in the saved personalization in the Kinetic UIX. I have never jumped into this yet, so I have a lot to learn.
Support said
“There is currently an open problem (PRB0249484) that is targeting the sorting of the columns and the issues it causes. "
AND " One thing you could try is to delete the personalizations for that user. Knowledge Article KB0102433 - Delete Personalizations.” Following these instructions did not fix the problem. Neither did opening as Base Only. There was a column sort that never went away in the Kinetic UIX.
The solution is all in the Kinetic UIX.
In the Chart Tracker, our user went to Chart Tracker/ Personalize at the top and “reset all pages” and “reset to default”. She did this to each section on the Tracker. Her problem was solved. Now she is going to look at rebuilding her personalizations so she can accomplish her work.

Scott

1 Like