Kinetic Web Browser - Closing the browser vs. using the Epicor "Log Out" Option

Anyone using the Kinetic Web Browser notice the following if you close the browser or use the X in the top right corner of the browser or tab without using the Epicor “Log Out” option at the bottom left corner to end the session.

1. The license does not release. Session Management still shows the license being consumed. Eventually the session times out and releases the license and session.

2. If you re-open the URL it will open to the Home Page without asking you to log in.

3. If the browser session closed was MES and you re-launch the MES URL, it is redirected to the link for full Epicor and opens the Home Page. However, The license being consumed shows as DataCollection.

Shouldn’t closing the browser also close the Epicor session or am I expecting too much?

Practically speaking, I don’t think you’re expecting too much… but TECHNICALLY speaking, that’s a whole different kettle of fish because of how an internet connection works vs how a locally-running connection works.

This change of process has never been really discussed (as far as I know anyway), and it IS a pretty big change. Maybe you could put in an Epicor Idea?

This one should be reported for sure, I’m sure it’ll get attention as free license upgrade sounds nice :laughing:

Gmail and other websites make a popup if you try to close while its still busy… but I don’t know if it can tell if its the last tab to be closed or not.

Update on items 1 & 3

1. The license does not release. Session Management still shows the license being consumed. Eventually the session times out and releases the license and session.

Epicor Support stated this is working as designed. I have created the following Epicor Idea…Votes would be appreciated!
https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-4918

1. If the browser session closed was MES and you re-launch the MES URL, it is redirected to the link for full Epicor and opens the Home Page. However, The license being consumed shows as DataCollection.

This was due to my MES URL being incorrect…even though it did open MES. Once I updated my URL per KB0115492 - the redirect was no longer happening.
https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=56b2eb8bdbd43990d426576ed3961932