Manufacturer Part Numbers

Hi. I want to confirm what I think I need to do to be able to enter manufacturer part numbers to existing parts. It looks to me like the first thing I need to do is go to set up the manufacturer in Manufacturer Entry Then go to Qualified Manufacturer Maintenance, enter my part number and then add the manufacturer and the Manufacturer Part there. Then I need to go to Part Entry and add the Supplier as an Approved Supplier. Are these the correct steps and in the correct order? Is there a more streamlined way to do this? Thanks.

Where do you want to see this number appear?

Hi sorry to wake this old topic again.

I have the same requirement. I need to display the manufacturer information for specific JobMaterials. The information will ultimately be shown on a spec report for that specific job so that the drafting team can readily see the manufacturer for a part and go find their drawings quickly.

Some of these material parts can be purchased from different suppliers but same manufacturer.
Some generic parts can be purchased from one supplier but can be manufactured by various manufacturers.

We have some parts with approved supplier but the manufacturer in the part description which is wrong. but these parts each are only made by one manufacturer. so its easy to set up. Not so easy where there are multiple suppliers and manufacturers for one part.

why dont you use the manufacturing comments against a part?

1 Like

HA!

I didn’t know or about this and anyone who used that in our company had completely forgotten about it by now. I can see that There are several materials with MFG comments on our jobs but a very few.

My idea was to implement a grand solution like setting up approved manufactures and manufacturer part numbers etc. but probably too complicated for what we need at the moment.

Maybe manufacturing comments is a good place to start! thanks a lot for this.