Phantom BOM

I have a part that has Phantom BOM checked. It is grayed out how to I uncheck it?

The packing slip is in the wrong stage to uncheck the Phanton BOM box.
IIRC, the stage you can phantom pack is before freighted. It’s been awhile
since I’ve used it.

So I have to find a Packing Slip that has the part num on to get the Phantom BOM to uncheck at the Part??

This packing slip or at least one I found for this part is so old and have been invoiced I can’t change it.

To get that check box to be available I had to make a non-stock, not quantity bearing, manufactured part.
Not sure which or all did the trick. The help entry is below.
Greg

Phantom BOM
Select this check box if this part is a phantom. A phantom bill of material represents a part that is built, but not stocked before it is used in the next level of manufacturing. When a part is designated as a phantom, the Epicor application moves all related operations and materials up a level in the bill of material for the end item, and this assembly part number disappears. In addition, it also moves up attached or associated drawings and other information.
[cid:image001.png@01D26A76.CCCF0450]

Example: Your main product is a sound mixer board SoundBoard100. Internally, your staff refers to three “zones” that make up the board - the input/output jacks, volume controls and meters, and the power area. Each zone requires its own special operations and materials, and it makes sense to treat them as their own bills of material. However, the zones are not manufactured separately from the sound mixer board. You could set up parts ZoneA, ZoneB, and ZoneC and mark them as phantoms, and then assign the applicable operations and materials to the various zones. When you use the Get Details program for SoundBoard100, the Epicor application lists manufacturing details zone, and then collapses them. This provides you with a single listing of all operations and materials for the board.

The Phantom BOM check box is not available if the following conditions are true:

• The Purchased radio button is selected.
  • The Non-Stock Item check box is cleared.
  • The Non-Stock Item check box is selected, but you have also selected one (or more) of the following check boxes: Track Lots or Track Serial Numbers.

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I was thinking Phantom pack slip in shipments not Part
maintenance.

The Phantom BOM check box is not available if the following conditions are
true:

• The Purchased radio button is selected.
  • The Non-Stock Item check box is cleared.
  • The Non-Stock Item check box is selected, but you have also selected
    one (or more) of the following check boxes: * Track Lots* or * Track
    Serial Numbers*.

Ok, now I am really puzzled, i don’t have any of those items checked and part is Mfg.

Check field security, could be set to Read Only for you.

Super late reply, but I just had this issue and it was a workstation problem. The user needs to be on a workstation that has manifest activated.