PO Entry Customization Help - How to get started?

Hello, (new to all of the Kinetic stuff, please be patient)

Question on this before I start attempting to not screw this up… We are slowly upgrading to Kinetic and we have a customization in PO Entry on the Line Details. Basically, within the customization, when selected, there is a list of people to email when certain lines are received. If we don’t need it, the space is left blank.

How would I even begin to start with this for Kinetic as the customization is only working in Classic?

Done this before, here are somewhat of the steps, sorry doing this on my phone as not in office till tomorrow morning.

1. Add a combo drop down in your line detail.

Bind the combo box to a Bo:UserFile

Show the text as the user name & the value as the email address.

1. Then create a bpm on the method BO something like RcvDtl or Datadirective PoRel.

Thank you for your reply…but all I can say is HUH? (brand new to this stuff and I can not find any video’s on it) Acronyms are also a foreign language to me.

@LisaShirley , Kinetic web ui is Bleeding Edge (despite what Epicor tells us). You aren’t going to find a lot of good documentation on it yet. They are focused on making it better, and haven’t gotten into documentation much yet. It’s changing so fast that it would probably be out of date before they finished anything anyways.

Right now your best bet is to play around in a test environment until you understand some of the mechanics of how it works. But it will be a lot of trial and error (and probably frustration) to start off with.

look for posts that hmwillett has made and read through a lot of that, and you might pick up some things along the way.

1 Like

thanks, I have been playing in the Pilot for a few months now and reading everything I can.
Can you take broken customizations and fix them or do you have to start from scratch in Kinetic?

There is no real guides on these issues and by just playing in the Pilot has helped a lot, there is not much info broken right down to brass tax as they say. Most posts are all in code where a new user can not even begin to fathom what it means

That’s correct.

That’s why for now, most companies with classic customizations are sticking with classic for a while. There are people here that have figured out without docs, so it’s possible for sure, but it takes a special kind of thinking/determination to get through it. I personally haven’t dug into it either, I just see a lot of stuff from my co-workers working through it.

1 Like

I make toys, and newish stuff in it to practice.

I have yet to migrate anything serious into it.