Post AR Invoice to different GL account based off product group code

No, we reverted it and went back to a manual process. It had some kind of unintended side effect, which I think I could have fixed with some more posting rules but in general we were freaked out so I just improved the manual process we were using instead…

Sorry I can’t be more help. Whats your end goal?

We’d like to eliminate the manual journal entries to get Capital Lease and Operating Lease lines on misc invoices flow to their specific AR Accounts (10606 and 10603). Everything currently flows to the general AR account of 106100. I posted a deeper dive here: Change Debit AR Account Based on Part Number - #16 by askulte

Do you recall what unintended side effects you had? Modifying posting rules is new to us, and we’d like to avoid those unintended side effects! Thanks for your input.

I can’t remember enough to be much use - I think it messed up credit card orders only for some reason, something was getting double posted and couldn’t be reconciled or something. I don’t remember, I wasn’t really given any time to fix it.

Evan,
Thanks. That helps. If we do custom posting rules, we’ll definitely push testing those scenarios.

1 Like