Promote Grid Refresh Button to Primary

Hi

App studio query about promoting the Refresh tool to the Primary Toolbar. If the tool you want to promote is visible in Action Data, you can just tick the nice little box that says “Add to Primary”. BUT, the refresh tool doesn’t appear in that list. I guess the refresh tool is part of the framework of the grid, rather than a tool that’s been added to it.

Anybody had any success in being able to promote this button to sit alongside the others?

Cheers
Mark

Hi @markdamen,

Yeah its a tad odd but the primary is in the page container itself for the refresh.

To get the refresh button added to the panel add your own action data.

Thereafter its just a matter of hooking up a on click event to your button and invalidating the grid panel.

2 Likes

Small correction here: the refresh you’re referring to is the page refresh, not the grid’s refresh.

What’s going on here is that when you use the provider model to retrieve the data for your grid, it automatically adds the refresh to the panel’s overflow menu. You can’t do anything about this. :upside_down_face:
The rest of your post is spot on for how to “workaround” it, though. The only downside, though small in my mind, is you’ll have two refresh buttons on the panel that essentially do the same thing. #Shrug

1 Like

Thanks @hmwillett :slight_smile: - Maybe I should have changed the terminology I used.

That refresh I was referring to was part of the action data of the “Tab page”.

1 Like

Right. Each page has a header like that and the action data refresh will refresh the entire page instead of just the grid.

1 Like

Thank you both for your replies, easy when you know how!

In terms of that, I just searched both the Kinetic App Studio User Guide and App Studio Ref Guide and neither contain the term “invalidated”… what other resources are out there to document any of these things, or have you just found them by lots of digging around?

I’m still not sure why getting a custom button event to call the same Refresh Tool didn’t work?

Cheers!

“Everything” by VoidTools is your friend.

This is my reverse engineering approach. Find what you’re looking for in Epicor’s native JSON files.

Example file:

1 Like

No worries, yeah mostly having a dig around in various screens. @hmwillett has published a lot of really useful documentation and stuff in the experts corner surrounding dev in Application studio.

I would say the current contextual documentation covers the basics fairly well, there is also a fair amount of digital learning on ELC. Epicor Learning Center

1 Like

OMG I love the Everything product. Been using it for years, blisteringly fast compared to Windows search!

Thanks for the advice on checking the base files :+1:.

What wizardry are those colors on your dashboard??? :star_struck:

And can I, on Public Cloud, do that, too???

For the price of a TON of work, even you can have a snazzy UI!

I did this and I could not get it to function for a single grid. What is the purpose of the “invalidated” prop parameter? Once I get this to work I will then need it to function for multiple grids on a single tabpage in app studio. So if there is any knowledge on that, I would love to hear about it.