Rest User Authentication Error - Help

@Mark_Wonsil,

I have not. Ill get it installed and see what I can come up with! Thanks for the help!

So I can get Postman to pull the information I need. Now I need to find the section that shows how it was pulled.

Postman will create the header for Authentication. You can copy the value into your code.

Jason Woods
http://LinkedIn.com/in/jasoncwoods

Trying to find a list of commands that comes with the Rest Helper, does anyone have one? Also will I be able to utilize this fully being on gov cloud?

Here’s some documentation for it

And yes you can use it with any instance of Epicor as long as REST is available.

@josecgomez,
You’ll have to forgive my lack of knowledge on this subject. What I want to do is pull in the baq results into a c# program. The program I had made before would always bounce on authentication. I got post man to post out correctly and it gave me an authentication key to use instead. I see how to add a username and a password but how do I add the key? Also, do we put in under the AppPoolHost?

All,
Thanks for the help thus far!

This is the code I have thus far:

I get the following error when I run the program:

Anyone know how to get around that error?

I think dic needs to have your BAQ parameters. Also make sure “APOTool2” is the correct BAQ ID, and is on the server you are targeting, and can be run by the user you are using for the REST call.

Edit: Also try the non-JSON variant GetBAQResults and see if that gives you an error.

Oh, I just remembered I think @josecgomez said those were deprecated anyway:

@Evan_Purdy,
So in this case the BAQ is to be run wide open. What parameters would I need to add to get it to do? As for the BAQ id it is accurate and accessible for the individual.

Yeah use dynamic we are working on cleaning up that library for next release

var result = EpicorRest.DynamicGet("BaqSvc", "APOTool2", new Dictionary<string, string>());

result will be a dynamic object with the results of the BAQ.

1 Like

@Evan_Purdy @josecgomez ,
I changed the line for the one you gave me I still get the same error.

I have to wonder if I’m putting in the AppPoolHost wrong. Could you tell me where to pull it from?

That would be the address you put in for swagger. You can see it at the top of the screen on the Kinetic homepage or the bottom of the modern/shell:

Leave off the https:// and everything after the .com

@Evan_Purdy,
I had full https and everything out to the saas. Even after I remove them I still get this error:

Also thanks for walking me through this!

Well, I’m not sure which Epicor server you are on but mine looks like this:

EpicorRest.AppPoolHost = "ausmtsapp01.epicorsaas.com";
EpicorRest.AppPoolInstance = "SaaS203";

I don’t think LIVE is a correct pool instance, that should be whatever is after the .com/ in the area highlighted areas in the screen shot I posted.

That said I see the error message has changed actually…

@Evan_Purdy,
Ours is the same not that I look. I changed our Instance to our saas and got the program to go through. However, I received the following message on the return from the program:

Change the LicenseType to .Default and see if that works.

WebService Licenses do need to be purchased. They are cheaper than MES but you still need them. If you did purchase them, get a new License file from Customer Support and file a ticket to have the Cloud Team install it.

1 Like

Pretty straight forward. Looks like you guys don’t have that license. You’ll have to use Default which will consume a user license.

You all are awesome! Thank for helping with this! I’ll give all of you a like. Wish I could give you all the solution!

1 Like