Restrict Part Creation

This worked very well.

Where can I find an explanation of what each "Process Security" entry controls?

I need to restrict who can change the status of a customers credit hold status. What process controls this?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "CarlH" <carl.heeder@...> wrote:
>
> It may depend on your version. In 8.03.4xx
>
> To secure a field go to Systems Management->Security Management->Field Security
>
> Then choose the Part table and the UnitPrice field
> You will have to uncheck the Allow Access to All users check box and then select the users that should have access or be blocked.
>
> To secure the right to create new parts
> To secure a field go to Systems Management->Security Management->Process Security
>
> here select new process and search for bo.Part Process then go to the Methods tab and select new and then choose the GetNewPart in the bo.part process. the as above uncheck the Allow Access to All and select those who should have rights.
>
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "johngeh" <johngeh@> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to limit the users that can create new part numbers?
> >
> > Can I limit access by field? i.e. only certain users can change the price of a part.
> >
> > Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > John
> >
>
Is there a way to limit the users that can create new part numbers?

Can I limit access by field? i.e. only certain users can change the price of a part.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

John
It may depend on your version. In 8.03.4xx

To secure a field go to Systems Management->Security Management->Field Security

Then choose the Part table and the UnitPrice field
You will have to uncheck the Allow Access to All users check box and then select the users that should have access or be blocked.

To secure the right to create new parts
To secure a field go to Systems Management->Security Management->Process Security

here select new process and search for bo.Part Process then go to the Methods tab and select new and then choose the GetNewPart in the bo.part process. the as above uncheck the Allow Access to All and select those who should have rights.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "johngeh" <johngeh@...> wrote:
>
> Is there a way to limit the users that can create new part numbers?
>
> Can I limit access by field? i.e. only certain users can change the price of a part.
>
> Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John
>