Rework Jobs

Is anyone using a job to break down and return parts to inventory from a returned damaged product?

We have an RMA and quality determines that we can salvage parts back to inventory.
How are you creating a job and returning the salvaged parts back to stock. We want to make sure to be able to capture the cost.

There doesnt seem to be alot of info on this

Yes, there is no real “good” way to do this. Do you have the field service module? I think that would be the place the functionality might exist.

Hi Jeanne,

Have you looked at this post? I’m not sure what happened with last post by Bruce, he noted difficulty in his version, so I’m not sure if it will work for you. We’re still on 10.1xxx. The method of using a Disassemble job, disposing returned mfrd part to it, and salvage to stock works well for us.

Nancy

1 Like

Thanks Nancy,

This looks Great and I will try it.

image007.jpg

image002.jpg

1 Like

Just saw the note on the later version which of course we are on but I will try any way

image007.jpg

image002.jpg

Nancy,

This is the error I get when I try to say the Salvaged material Entry

image001.png

image007.jpg

image002.jpg

Hi Jeanne,

Yes, per details on last post too, you must have disposed (or issued to job) part(s) with cost greater than cost of parts you pull off. For example, we have pumps sometimes returned unused and we disassemble them to get parts to use for other jobs/sales. When RMA disposition is done, the value (cost) of the pump goes onto the job. Then when we do the job salvage to stock off of it, the total cost for all parts coming off via salvage cannot be > the cost of the disposed pump.

Nancy

Nancy,

Could you possibly give me screen shots of one such RMA from intial entry all the way through to the Disposed job and salvage stock? Myself and our developer are having a few issues following the documentation you attached as we can not see all the step. This I think would greatly help us. Or if you were willing to do a quick teams meeting with the 2 of us we have a Dev DB all setup that we could use to actually run one through.

Let me know.

image007.jpg

Hi Jeanne,

Let’s try screenshots for benefit of users in group. If still no good, let’s try to meet tomorrow/this week. Let me know…
Nancy

Great thank you. I look forward to those

image007.jpg

~WRD000.jpg

Thanks Nancy

I think you have sent me enough so I can run a test. Its been a busy week by I will let you know where I get stuck, or hopefully successful

1 Like